Topic Title: Black/Blue/White screen after Windows Login.
Topic Summary: Sometimes I can log in and use the pc for a couple of minutes before the screen goes blank.
Created On: 11/01/2012 05:08 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/01/2012 05:08 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Wolfgang8565
n00b

Hello everyone, I am new here and I hope you can help. I recently upgrade my video card to a Radeon 5770. Since then, I have had issues with the screen going black (sometimes white) while browsing the web, or playing a game. When this happens, I can still hear the audio (if playing a game for example) and the monitor is on.

I have tried 3 different monitors and the same thing will happen. I am currently using a DVI to VGA adapter and a VGA cable to my monitor. The only way to fix this is to power down my computer and power it back on. Sometimes it will go black after the Windows Log in screen.

The driver is updated and I know its not the cable or the Monitor so I am thinking its the new Graphics Card, but if it is new, why would it do this? And how could i resolve this? 

Any input would be much appreciated!

Edited: 11/02/2012 at 06:50 PM by Wolfgang8565
 11/01/2012 05:27 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

Hello, a bit more information may be needed to help you with your issue. Please read the thread below and revise your post to include the requested information in detail.  Doing so will help us help you more efficiently.

Thanks in advance...

**STICKY** | PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Please use the template, and fill out as much information about your issue as possible.

-------------------------

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Requiescat In Pace AMD Processor Forums | Member since: 1/19/2009 | Post count:
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

11/01/2012 05:44 PM

Author Icon
Wolfgang8565
n00b

((REVISED))

Graphics Card -ATI Radeon HD 5770

Driver -9.2.0.0

OS -Windows 7 64 Bit

4.0 GB RAM

Issue Details

Screen goes black/blue/white, after windows log in/while browsing/playing PC Game

System -

AMD Phenom 9600 Quad-Core Processor 2.30 GHZ

I hope this is enough information. Any help will be appreciated! Thanks!

Edited: 11/02/2012 at 03:39 AM by Wolfgang8565
Statistics
85330 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.