Topic Title: Not sure who to ask...
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/02/2012 12:50 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/02/2012 12:50 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
ZeroFaith
Peon

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section... To be honest I'm quite frustrated at the moment and am getting pretty much no answer from anybody.

I was recently intrigued by the Never Settle bundle that was announced and started looking at new cards. Following links on the main amd website, you can end up at a Sapphire store on amazon.com. I purchased a 7950 Vapor edition. When I received the card there was no unique id for the bundle present in the box.

I sent an email to the amd4u help address, and they basically just replied with a one liner and a link to website I had gotten their address from. This was no help. This occured last week.

I sent an email to sapphire asking if maybe I just got an older box that was packaged before the promotion, and if I could get a key. They said this was AMD's problem.

I sent an email to the AMD customer care earlier this week. I have yet to receive any response.

My time is running out on deciding if I'm to return the card, and even if I did, it will be for a partial amount, which in its own right is pretty annoying. One of my deciding factors for purchasing this card was my interest in the games being given in the bundle, which AMD themselves totes as a "$170 dollar value"

So three emails and now a forum post later... is there ANYBODY in this company that will at least give me the time of day as a customer who just bought a several hundred dollar product and try to help me.

Historically speaking, I've bought 4 amd GPUs, 2 CPUs, and 2 mother boards with amd bridges. I'd like to remain an AMD fan... but this is leaving a pretty bad taste in my mouth.

Thank you for any assistance...

12/24/2012 03:55 PM

Author Icon
kikng
Peon

Originally posted by: ZeroFaith I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section... To be honest I'm quite frustrated at the moment and am getting pretty much no answer from anybody.

I was recently intrigued by the Never Settle bundle that was announced and started looking at new cards. Following links on the main amd website, you can end up at a Sapphire store on amazon.com. I purchased a 7950 Vapor edition. When I received the card there was no unique id for the bundle present in the box.

I sent an email to the amd4u help address, and they basically just replied with a one liner and a link to website I had gotten their address from. This was no help. This occured last week.

I sent an email to sapphire asking if maybe I just got an older box that was packaged before the promotion, and if I could get a key. They said this was AMD's problem.

I sent an email to the AMD customer care earlier this week. I have yet to receive any response.

My time is running out on deciding if I'm to return the card, and even if I did, it will be for a partial amount, which in its own right is pretty annoying. One of my deciding factors for purchasing this card was my interest in the games being given in the bundle, which AMD themselves totes as a "$170 dollar value"

So three emails and now a forum post later... is there ANYBODY in this company that will at least give me the time of day as a customer who just bought a several hundred dollar product and try to help me.

Historically speaking, I've bought 4 amd GPUs, 2 CPUs, and 2 mother boards with amd bridges. I'd like to remain an AMD fan... but this is leaving a pretty bad taste in my mouth.

Thank you for any assistance...

I couldn't even find the AMD customer care email.  I got a unique ID and got Hitman installed, but I want Far Cry 3 and try to use the code they gave me, but guess what, doesn't work.  So I email support twice, got the same reply twice, and then no replies to mine.  So I'm stuck as well....

12/31/2012 05:17 PM

Author Icon
ZeroFaith
Peon

yea... After about three weeks of fighting them and one manager later, the only story I could get out of them is that the retailers are the ones with the codes, not AMD (where they get the codes is beyond me as AMD claims that they have nothing to do with distributing anything dealing with their own bundle), and all of the retailers say go to AMD. Sapphire says the codes are put in after their initial packaging and they have nothing to do with it.

Long story short, they don't care about you. They've lost a long time past and future customer with this. The management was "looking" into the situation long enough that I couldn't even return the card anymore.

Adding insult to injury, the drivers are far worse for this series of card... I have artifacting in most games now.

12/31/2012 10:21 PM

Author Icon
Mime
Forum Moderator

Off to ebay or craigslist then, where you can put the proceeds towards a less irritating upgrade. 

-------------------------

Do not meddle in the affairs of archers, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
Troll Hunter

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

Statistics
87660 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.