Topic Title: Screen Resolution does not fit
Topic Summary: The resolution does not fit my screen and I am unable to adjust it.
Created On: 11/09/2012 02:03 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/09/2012 02:03 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Geographus
Peon

I just got my new grapic card (Sapphhire Radeon HD 7870 Oc 2 GB) and I am running in some problems:

After succesfully installing the driver (Catalyst 12.10 on Windows 7 Prof. 64Bit) the resolution (1920 x 1080 via HDMI) doesn't result in a "full screen" on my monitor (Samsung Syncmaster 2494 HM), as it shows black borders around the screen.

Scaling the screen via the CCC (My Digital Flat-Panels > Scaling Options) does not help, as the screen is either not wide enough (small black borders on the left and right side) or too high (part of the screen out of range of the monitor).

I tried older driver-versions (12.4 and 12.6) but the problem remains.

As a result of this, all text on the screen is kind of blurry and hard to read.

Anyone got a hint on this problem?

Edit:

This only affects one of my screens. The other one (BenQ FP93G) running at 1280 x 1024) works perfectly, with native resolution and sharp text.

11/09/2012 03:54 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Geographus
Peon

Problem fixed. Some settings of my monitor kept interfering with the driver and the settings of the CCC. There were like 30 different settings which won't work, but only one that does and I just found that.
Statistics
80909 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.