Topic Title: Multiple devices, one card
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/09/2012 05:38 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/09/2012 05:38 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Lartza
Peon

Hello

My problem is that I am seeing multiple devices(six to be exact) for my single Radeon HD 7750 card in Catalyst tray, where the dummy devices have other options except Extend desktop(which does nothing) greyed. Also Windows playback devices shows 6 devices for HDMI sound, all disconnected AND iirc Linux also had multiple sound devices(with catalyst not open-source radeon/ati), but let's ignore that for now maybe

Everything worked fine before I reinstalled Windows not too long ago, I remember having multiple sound devices then too but not the display ones too. I haven't yet seen any harm from this but I am debugging problems with a game with it's developers and want to rule driver issues out and fix this kind of problem. So, is this a common problem or am I the first one? Here follows info about my system.

MSI AMD Radeon HD 7750 R7750-PMD1GD5/OC

Catalyst driver 12.10, had 12.11 beta for some time but uninstalled and reinstalled 12.10.

Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate with SP1

ASUS Monitor via DVI, (Samsung HDTV via HDMI, not in use currently but could have been plugged in while initial install commenced)

12/04/2012 04:54 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
bmbougie
Peon

I have the same issue with my HD5670. I have 2 monitors other than my primary and I see them both listed 3 times. I want to get rid of the extra listings to make it easier for my daughter to turn on and off the other displays (one is a TV so it is not always on).

Seems to cause no problems other than you need to know which one works and which are dummies.

Statistics
85457 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.