Topic Title: A8-3870 and Windows 8 - crashes
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/10/2012 10:12 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/10/2012 10:12 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
OldBoy
Peon

Hi,

I have a very annoying problem that basically prevents me from properly using my new Windows 8 x64 installation. Luckily I can dual-boot to Windows 7 x64 on another partition.

This is a pretty basic setup with an AMD A8-3870 on an ASUS F1A75-M with 2x 4GB of Crucial 1866MHz DDR3 RAM and a Crucial SDD. The only add-on is a WLAN PCI-Express card.

I have installed the same drivers 12-10_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql_net4.exe and 12-10_vista_win7_win8_32-64_sb.exe under both, Windows 7 and Windows 8 and I also installed the proper drivers for the VIA sound chip from ASUS' support website. The driver I installed for the WLAN card is also the same for Win7 and Win8.

Now my problem is, that while this computer has been running Windows 7 without a single crash ever since I built it, it frequently crashes (“light” blue screen of death) under this fresh installation of Windows 8 with the message “Bad_Pool_Header”. It happens when doing very simple things, like browsing the web or writing e-mails.

I have google'd this error message and some people suggest this error could be related to memory problems, but as I noted above this computer is running rock-stable under Windows 7 and I also can run Prime95 for hours without error.

What leads me to post in this forum is that before the BSOD is shown, there is a brief moment of display corruption.

Has anyone else got the above error on a similar setup? Any suggestion what I could do to fix the problem (other than not using Windows 8)?

11/11/2012 03:09 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
OldBoy
Peon

Seems like all the trouble was caused by Avira antivirus software.
Statistics
84131 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 13 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.