Topic Title: Radeon 5870 w/ Dual Monitors
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/12/2012 07:13 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/12/2012 07:13 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
GdgtBoy
Peon

I have a Radeon 5870 with the system listed below.

This is an HTPC running Windows 7 with a Ceton CableCard. I want to have 2 TV’s running the same output from the PC. I have already run an HDMI to the adjacent room. I had originally purchased a powered splitter to accomplish this, but I think I should be able to do the same using the Radeon card itself. When I did connect the second TV to the PC (using the splitter) I got no sound. On the main TV, I am connected via HDMI with a separate audio cable from the PC to the receiver.

Do you have any suggestions as to the best way to accomplish this? Basically, I want audio to travel over HDMI to the second TV, while at the same time have the audio sent to the receiver via the on board sound card for the primary TV.

Thanks in advance,

GB

Hard Drive - 1TB - 7200RPM, SATA 3.0Gb/s, 16MB Cache
Memory - 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz - 4 DIMMs
Processor - AMD Phenom™ II X6 1055T + ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB

11/12/2012 01:33 PM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

To confirm:

1) You have an HDMI splitter connected to the HDMI output on the HD5870.

2) You then have (for 1 display) HDMI cable running into an AV Receiver, and then HDMI cable from the AVR to your TV.

3) You have another TV connected with HDMI cable directly off the other output on the splitter?

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

11/12/2012 02:18 PM

Author Icon
GdgtBoy
Peon

1 - Yes

2 - HDMI cable on primary TV is connected directly to the TV (monitor) - however, this TV has no audio in, therefore, sound on that TV is driven by the sound card on the PC.

3 - Yes I am open to getting rid of the splitter and just using the card to split the signal (if that is possible).

Statistics
84710 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.