Topic Title: HIS radeon HD 5770 heat problem
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/14/2012 09:46 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/14/2012 09:46 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
ffitrananda
Peon

my his radeon keeps overheating ( no output and red light illuminating from the gpu) when i use furmark to burn in test it, the light come on about 70 degrees Celcius, i read on other forums that hd 5770 can handle temp's as high as 100 degrees, is it true? is my card normal? no overclocking was done.

11/14/2012 10:14 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

I really do not think the video card is overheating at 77c.  Can you give us more details on your system.

What particular motherboard, and powersupply do you have? Brand/Model specifics are ideal.

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

11/14/2012 10:25 AM

Author Icon
ffitrananda
Peon

Originally posted by: Marc@AMD I really do not think the video card is overheating at 77c.  Can you give us more details on your system. What particular motherboard, and powersupply do you have? Brand/Model specifics are ideal. ;Marc

i am using enlight black silver 650 W motherboard brand is dfi but i forgot what model, after observating with gpu shark, turns out my gpu temp is at about 95 when the red light come on and there is no output of video

11/14/2012 10:58 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

95!  Someone call the Fire Dept... cause it is HOT in here!  95c is definitely too hot, and what you are experiencing can definitely be a result of a card overheating.

If warranty is still available through HIS, contact them to get the card replaced.

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

Statistics
86640 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.