Topic Title: Mini DP to HDMI - No Sound
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/14/2012 09:41 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/14/2012 09:41 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
computerquip
Peon

I recently bought a smaller monitor (from 37" to 27"). I'm using an HDMI to the first monitor and a Mini DP to HDMI adapter for the second. I *know* there are other ways to do this but I'd like to know a solution to this problem if it arises in the future. I eventually plan to get a Mini-DP to DP cable but it'll be a week or so before I'm able to get one. 

Anyways, when I plug in the monitor (via the M-DP to HDMI adapter), the video card detects it but claims its a DVI connection and doesn't support audio. The cable claims to be able to support audio. If a link is neccessary for the adapter, I can provide one. Does anyone know *why* this happens and/or a solution to it?

11/14/2012 09:52 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
computerquip
Peon

I don't really understand what just happened but about two minutes ago, HDMI signal was lost for about 10 seconds. Then it suddenly worked fine, and the control center claimed it had a usable audio capability.

WTF?

EDIT: It apparently happens whenever I disconnect one of the monitors. I'd forgotten I'd unplugged one of the monitors.

Does this mean I can't have two devices that support audio at the same time? I've gotten audio to play on both through the adapter and without the adapter. What gives?

Statistics
84892 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.