Topic Title: Running 3 Monitors on Windows 8 in a Crossfire Setup
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/22/2012 04:11 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/22/2012 04:11 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
sirixamo
Peon

Hello, I am running the following setup:

• Windows 8 64-bit
  • Catalyst 12.11 (beta)
  • 2x ATI 6970's in Crossfire (but NOT eyefinity)
  • 1 monitor connected via Display Port, mini DP to DP cable (HP 27" monitor with native display port built in)
  • 1 monitor connected via DVI (20" Dell)
  • 1 TV connected via HDMI (32" 720p)
I am trying to run 3 monitors without using eyefinity. As I understand it, in order to do this, one of the monitors must use Display Port because the cards can only output to 2 of the standard digital ports (DVI/HDMI, mix and match).
I do not wish to use Eyefinity (the resolutions don't matchup well and I don't want the performance hit, I prefer gaming in 2560x1440 on the HP). I just want to use the 3 monitors as standard monitors, but I cannot get more than 2 to be active at the same time. Everytime I try to enable the third, either in windows or in catalyst control center, it says it cannot be enabled without disabling another display. If I do disable a display, the other works fine (so I can use any 2 at once).
Any suggestions? I would really like to use all 3 at once, continue using Crossfire, and not use Eyefinity.
Thanks!

11/22/2012 04:25 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Thanny
Alpha Geek

You're plugging all three into the one primary card, right?  You can't spread displays across cards when using CF.

I don't see why it wouldn't work otherwise.

Statistics
85424 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.