Topic Title: I have a really frustrating issue. Please Hep
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/29/2012 03:44 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/29/2012 03:44 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
bigbossx
Peon

I am having this really weird and annoying bug with my tv/display, and I'm struggling to troubleshoot this on my own, so here I am asking for help.

So basically my problem is with getting my tv to display 1080p (or any resolution) correctly. After boot up and I log in to windows, my display becomes sort of fuzzy/blurred/pixelated. Like it's not as crisp and detailed as it should be, most noticably on faces, the images look like they have been zoomed in a bunch, but they haven't.

I've tried setting various resolutions through Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display\Screen Resolution and also through CCC\Desktop Management\Desktop Properties, I've fiddled with a variety of options in here but nothing changes it.

Now here's where it starts to get weird, so my pc is connected to my tv via hdmi, CCC is set to 1080p 60hz. Now if i turn my TV off at the plug and switch it back on, my tv thinks it's connected by DVI, but it doesn't even have a DVI port! Yet it decides that it is connected by DVI and actually displays images clear and crisp like you would expect. This is great, except when I turn off/restart my pc or make any display changes, it resets back to HDMI and goes back to it's *****display again, until I turn my TV off and on(while pc is still running).

Some other information, I'm using Windows 7 64bit, my GPU is HD 4850 512mb, my tv has 2 HDMI ports, I've tried both but same problem. I've tried reinstalling CCC and display drivers as well as reformatting and reinstalling windows 7 (was fine at first, after reset same problem).

I used to not have any problems until I upgraded some of my pc, motherboard ram cpu, kept the same GPU, so I assumed maybe it was related to the motherboard as I have a slight issue (less of a big deal) with that, so I contacted the manufacturer and they tell me the issue is between my GPU and TV, which is fairly obvious but since that was all the really changed I figured I would just ask them.

So I'm all open to suggestions guys !!

Statistics
84987 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.