I'm having a lot of problems with installing the ATI Radeon driver for my computer.
- ATI Radeon HD7870 graphics card.
- Linux Mint 14 Nadia installed with Cinnamon x64
- Two monitors wich I would like to use as one desktop. (haven't made it here yet)
My installation is a fresh installation so I have only tried installing the drivers and here's how I did that:http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubuntu_Natty_Installation_Guide I used this installation guide.
- First, since it was a fresh installation, I made sure my installation was up to date (apt-get update, upgrade and dist-upgrade).
- Then I installed the prerequisite packages and the ia32-libs as described in the installation guide.
- Thirdly, I go to ATI webpage and get the newest stable drivers for my graphics card, 12.10 for 64-bit system.
I run the following installation commands:
sh ./amd-driver-installer-12-10-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg Ubuntu
sudo dpkg -i fglrx*.deb
sudo amdconfig --initial -f
That's it. I don't remember any errors, but I don't remember looking for any either.
Now when I restart the comp and log back in, the taskbar for Cinnamon is changed to something that looks more like GNOME. When I try to run the "AMD Catalyst Control Center" from system settings I got a popup saying initialization error. Then I try to run the command for checking version of fglrx and I get this:
Does anyone recognize this error and can tell me what's wrong?