Topic Title: Dual Monitor Issue
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/05/2012 04:00 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/05/2012 04:00 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
d.mantis
Peon

My question concerns a workstation graphics card, so I apologize in advance if this is not the correct place to post.

Anyway, I have a Dell Optiplex 740 with an AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core with 4GB ram with Windows XP SP3 (32 bit).  I have a FirePro V7750 installed (non-overclocked) and a 460 Watt Power supply.

I know its an old machine with a not-so-new video card.  However, we have to make do.  We just got new monitors and the monitor that is connected to the DVI (with a VGA adapter) works fine.  However, the second monitor hooked up to the DisplayPort (with a DVI to DP adapter and VGA to DVI adapter) will not be recognized.

I have attempted to enable it through display settings, Catalyst Control Center and even Device Manager.  The only thing I have found is that in CCC, there is only one adapter listed.  It says "1. ATI FirePro V7750".  This is strange because on the other machines we have with FirePro V5700s, CCC lists "1. FirePro V5700" AND "2. FirePro V5700 secondary".

It appears the comptur is not even recognizing there is another monitor at all.  I have tested all adapters and connections and still nothing.  Please help!

Statistics
84704 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.