Topic Title: Connecting desktop computer via HDMI to HDTV
Topic Summary: HDMI output, Radeon 5650
Created On: 12/06/2012 04:43 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/06/2012 04:43 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
acall22
Peon

Please help. I just purchsed a new Sharp Aquos HDTV and have connected my laptop to the TV without any issue. When I go to attach my desktop computer using the same HDMI cable through the HDMI output it recognizes the TV as a viable monitor (i.e. it says Sharp HDTV as an available monitor) but when I choose, extend, duplicate or projector only none of them produce an image on the TV. 

I am assuming that it is an issue with a setting or my graphics card which is an ATI Radeon HD 5650.

Any assistance would be helpful.

Thank you.

12/07/2012 10:12 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
acall22
Peon

OK! So I found a solution... I am happy to report that it was not an issue with the graphics card. What I found was that because of how the cover was placed on this particular computer it did not allow for the HDMI cable to be plugged in all the way securely enough. It would plug in far enough to register the monitor as available but not far enough to actually kick out a display signal. With a little work I was able to remove the cover (its on the back of the computer so the aesthetic issue is not a big deal) and then the HDMI cable plugged in far enough to work.

Statistics
85323 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.