Topic Title: Problem when trying to activate a monitor by Displayport on HD5570
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/26/2012 02:39 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/26/2012 02:39 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
hatedark1
Peon

Hello,

I'm new to the AMD forums. I came here searching for help after several google atempts.

I run Windows 7 64 bits and  2 samsung syncmaster s22b300 monitors and 1 samsung syncmaser b2230.

I've bought a third screen for my computer a week ago (one of the s22b300) and i want to activate a triple screen eyefinity setup. My videocard is XFX hd 5570 model hd - 557x - zn and it has 1 dvi port, 1 hdmi por and 1 displayport port.

I have 1 screen conneted to the dvi with a dvi-dvi cable, 1 screen conneted to the hdmi with a dvi-hdmi cable and 1 screen connected to the display port with a dvi cable connected to a Sappire active displayport adapter.

The problem i have is: All 3 screens are detected on the catalyst control center (version 12.11 beta (installed this one after trying versions 10.2, 10.3 amd 12.10)) but i can't create a 3x1 group or extend my desktop to the displayport connected screen. What happens is that when i click extend, all screens blink, i hear that typical usb connect and disconnect sound and the screen connected on the displayport remains off. When i try to make a 3 by 1 eyefinity group, right when i click the continue button after selecting the group, they all blink, i hear the usb connect and disconnect sound again and nothing happens; sometimes i get the message "The system has detected a problem with the connection between your computer and the displayport display that will prevent you from using the highest resolutions and/or refresh rates."

I have already tried everything i may be capable of thinking and i have made several searches on the internet, but found nobody with the same problem as i have. Please help me, i've been trying to make it work for several days.

I need a fast advice, because if it is my adapter i have untill friday to return it.

Any other info you may need, ask me.

Thanks in advance.

Edited: 12/27/2012 at 01:07 AM by hatedark1
 12/27/2012 09:39 AM

Author Icon
Hardwood
Dungeon Master

What happens with just the displayport monitor connected?

Try swapping around different monitors with the adapter too.

Those active adapters are not known for their reliability. Of course in my experience Samsung monitors are the most problematic but maybe that's because there's so many out there. Even mine has an unresolvable issue which picks my butt. Another Dell  ultrasharp with native DP if it turns to toast.

-------------------------

#1: FX-6350, Antec Kuhler 920, MSI 970 Gaming, Asus 5870/V2, ASUS Xonar D2X, GSkill (F3-14900cl9d-8gbxl), Antec Truepower New 750, Arc Midi, Win8.1pro x64
#2: MSI A88X-G45, AMD A10-7850K, IGP, AMD 2x4GB 2133 (R938G2130UK), Antec 750 True, 128GB Sandisk SSD, WD Black 1TB, Win8.1pro x64
#3: Athlon 64 X2 4200+, AGP 1950pro, Audigy 2, Asus A8V-D, 2gig ram, Enermax 465P, Antec900case. Now on Win8.1pro cat 10.2

12/27/2012 11:12 AM

Author Icon
hatedark1
Peon

When just the displayport monitor is connected, nothing happens. It stays in powersave mode when i start the computer and never goes on.

I already tried the other 2 monitors with the adapter, same thing happens.

I never had problems with samsung monitors. My brother has 1, i have 4 and never had problems.

Maybe it is the adapter?

12/27/2012 04:12 PM

Author Icon
Thanny
Alpha Geek

Given that the adapter doesn't work with any of the screens by itself, it seems very likely that your problem lies there.

12/27/2012 05:19 PM

Author Icon
hatedark1
Peon

Hello Thanny,

I was thinking it may be the adapter, but isn't it weird that the catalyst control center recognizes the monitor?

Anyway, i'll contact the retailer to return it. Thank you very much for the help guys.

01/18/2013 07:25 PM

Author Icon
hatedark1
Peon

Hello guys,

I still have a problem. I returned my adapter and received a new one today. The same problem occurs... I've already tried everything i could, can someone help me please ?

01/19/2013 11:04 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

You are using Windows7. That is good. VISTA, 7 or Win8 are needed.

You are using:
XFX HD5570 with 1xHDMI ; 1xDP ; 1x DualLink DVI

You have:
1 Samsung Syncmaster SB22B300R connected HOW?
1 Samsung Syncmaster SB22B300R connected HOW?
1 Samsung Syncmaster B2230 connected HOW?

I want to know specific brand and model of adapters used and worded going from the OUT on the card to the IN on the display.

Does each monitor work when independantly connected to the video card to any port? Can any 2 displays connected work in combination?

Have you tried a complete driver re-install? Try AMD's new Catalyst Un-Install Utility:

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/catalyst-uninstall-utility.aspx

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

01/20/2013 07:21 PM

Author Icon
hatedark1
Peon

Hello Marc, Thank you for replying.

My setup is as follows:

1 Samsung Syncmaster SB22B300 connected using a DVI-DVI cable.

1 Samsung Syncmaster SB22B300 connected using a HDMI-DVI cable.

1 Samsung Syncmaster B2230 connected using a Sapphire Active DisplayPort to Single-Link DVI adapter, making it DP-DVI.

Any monitor works independently connected to the DVI or HDMI ports of the card (not to the DisplayPort). I can combine any 2 displays and make them work using HDMI and DVI outputs of the card.

I just tried the AMD's new Catalyst Un-install Utility and installed the most recent drivers for my videocard, but the problem could not be solved.

Anytime i try to extend, duplicate or create a display group with the display connected on the DP port, the screens blink, i hear that typical usb connect AND disconnect sound and it goes back to the previous state.

As i said before, I returned the adapter already and got a new one. Maybe it doesn't work too? What can it be?

01/22/2013 02:02 PM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

To confirm on what you wrote: "1 Samsung Syncmaster B2230 connected using a Sapphire Active DisplayPort to Single-Link DVI adapter, making it DP-DVI."  I asusme you meant to say that after the adapter it is a DVI cable connection.  Correct?

You're doing everything right.  I think the adapter is faulty (again).  Have you tested swapping what monitors is used with the Sapphire Adapter?

I would return that adapter and buy a different one all together. It needs to be active.  Here's AMD's certified list:

http://support.amd.com/us/eyefinity/Pages/eyefinity-dongles.aspx

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

01/25/2013 10:54 AM

Author Icon
hatedark1
Peon

Hello Marc.

Correct, after the adapter it is a dvi cable going into the monitor.

Yes, i have tried each of the 3 monitors with the adapter and the same problem occurs.

I know this adapter isn't on the AMD's certified list, but i've seen several people making it work with this adapter (it is active) and it is the only one available for selling at my country. I'll try to return it and buy a certified one on e-bay or something. Do you have any suggestions of where to buy one? I live in Brazil.

Thank you very much for the help.

Statistics
86516 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.