Topic Title: how can i do dual monitors?
Topic Summary: with amd a4 3400 with hd 6450
Created On: 12/28/2012 06:40 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/28/2012 06:40 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
ljMOD
Peon

my motherboard is biostar A55ML+, processor is AMD A4 3400, and Sapphire HD 6450 graphics card

my first VGA monitor is connected to the onboard VGA of the motherboard, and dual graphics is enabled

where do i connect my second VGA monitor? by the way the first VGA monitor must be connected to the onboard VGA of the motherboard to enable dual graphics, i tried connecting the 2nd monitor to the VGA of the, separate graphics card, but it doesn't display anything

what do i do?

12/29/2012 01:22 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Dinwiddie
Grinding Levels

I'm using Intel HD4000 and have to set the North Bridge option to onboard in BIOS to enable both integrated and dedicated graphics on two monitors. One montior gets the integrated and the other gets the dedicated.

When using a single monitor I have  to switch back and fourth between Integrated and PCI-e in BIOS. Wish there was  another way. I thought the Luicic Logics LicidMVP software would allow switching from within Windows, but not with my system. You may be luckier with an AMD system.

Statistics
84905 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.