Topic Title: display port, link failure
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/30/2012 01:36 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/30/2012 01:36 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
ThemeBuddies
Peon

I have an ATI Radeon HD 5700 series video card. I have three 23 inch wide acer monitors hooked up to it. For months, things have been great and then all of the sudden for no reason, my third monitor turns off, windows picks it up as a generic Non-PnP monitor and I get this message from windows saying that there is a display link failure.

I have tried

1. unpluging the computer from all power for 10 min

2. reinstalling the drivers

3. rolling back the drivers

4. changing the color management properties

There were times that all I had to to was unplug the monitor from the display port and plug it back in and that would fix it. but then after a while it would just go down again.

I saw on another site somewhere that there is a 3 in 1 hdmi to display port adapter where you can plug all three monitors into the one display port. I can't find where to buy that piece or if my video card is compatible with it. Do you have any information on that?

01/28/2014 09:23 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
jerrywiltse
Peon

I have the EXACT same problem. 

3x 24 inch monitors

I bought an active displayport adapter, it says Active on it, and for a time, I had all 3 monitors working great:

1-Displayport-DVI-Monitor

1-HDMI-Monitor

1-DVI-Monitor

It went black a few times, but shortly thereafter I took off the DisplayPort monitor to use with another PC for a while. Now I put it back and it detects the monitor as "Generic NON-PNP Monitor".  I also did get one error about the displayport cable being bad which I doubt due to the number of other posts around the internet about the same situation. Seems much more likely to be a configuration or combpatibility issue, or a limitation. 

If there's a power issue or something where this card just can't run 3 monitors, or I need to upgrade the power supply or something, please help us figure this out. It's a common and very good graphics card. 

Here's my specs. 

Dell XPS

AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series

Bios Version 012.019.000.015

Memory Size 1024 MB

Memory Type GDDR5

Core Clock 850mhz

Memory Clock 1200mhz

Statistics
85737 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 7 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.