Topic Title: ATI Radeon Gigabyte HD7870 2GB GDDR5 BSOD
Topic Summary: BSOD atikmpag.sys
Created On: 01/02/2013 10:50 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/02/2013 10:50 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Diablo101
Peon

First and foremost, I would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year and I hope you all had fantastic celebrations.

I recently purchased ATI Radeon HD7870 2GB GDDR5 and installed it into my PC, prior to this I had removed all Nvidia drivers (besides the chipset drivers for ethernet adaptor). I then downloaded the latest drivers from the website:
12-10_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql_net4 and went about installing the driver. 

Once the driver was installed it requested a system reboot to finish the configuration process. When attempting to load windows I got a BSOD and was unable to enter into Windows. 

I've managed to get into windows via safemode with networking and if I uninstall the display drivers for the HD7870 I can then get into windows the next reboot. 

I have done a little research on this error and it seems to cover a broad spectrum of errors so it seems quite a challenge to pinpoint the actual course of the BSOD.

Incidently I have tried older drivers as well as trying the beta drivers and they all cause the exact same BSOD, so I am really running out of ideas.

System Specs:

Motherboard: ASUS Penryn1600-SLI

CPU: Intel TM Quadcore Q6700 2.66GHz

Memory: Geil PC6400 800MHz 2GB Modules x2

Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD7870 Gigabyte 2gb GDDR5 OC Edition

Power Supply: Corsair TX650

Samsung 22" LCD Monitor

I will look forward to hearing some of your replies.

Regards,

Adam

Edited: 01/02/2013 at 11:14 AM by Diablo101
Statistics
84350 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.