Topic Title: HD tv and new 7950 Graphics card issues
Topic Summary: colours changing flashing green then faulty redish colours.
Created On: 01/09/2013 06:55 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/09/2013 06:55 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
dynamitedixon
Peon

Graphics Card
HD7950 Gigabyte Windforce x 3 OC 900mhz

AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History

Latest drivers, says up to date

Operating System
64-bit; Service Pack 1 windows 7 home edition

Issue Details
Installed graphics card yesterday and a crucial m4 240 gb SSD. everything seems to be working ok but after some time, normally around 30mins? then can happen again: the screen falshes bright green then changes the colours all to a reddish pinkish colour. If I go up one on the hdmi channel on the tv then back down to the source channel it will go back to normal again. Sometimes it will flash green and then go the reddish colours then flick back blue then go back to the normal colours. I have moved the hdmi cable to a different port, porblem still occurs. Before the graphics card was installed I was using the same tv and hdmi cable in the hdmi port of the built in gma 2000 integrated hd grpahics and there was no problem like this one. settings are same as before 1920x1080 full hd 60hz refresh. there are more options in catalst this time in comparision to the built in one of the prcessor so am unsure if everything here is the same 

Motherboard or System Make & Model
Asus p67M pro

Power Supply

corsair 650watt cx

Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used

Phillips 47inch 9664 lcd hd tv. connected via high quality hdmi cable QED

Applications and Games

Problem occurs on screen regardless of function used

CPU Details
intel core i5 2400 3.10ghz

Motherboard BIOS Version
- the BIOS version is displayed as soon as your system is powered on (ex: ASUS BIOS 1015)

System Memory Type & Amount
8gb 1333. 

Additional Hardware
One SSD hard drive as main boot drive. one hdd samsung as second drive. one cd/dvd drive

Additional Details drive is only 2 days old, no viruses. I have played around with settingson tv and in catalyst and seems to be correct. Picture is perfect before problem occurs. tv software up to date also. troubleshooting brings no errors. 

Statistics
84159 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.