Topic Title: 7770 weird lag problem driving me nuts
Topic Summary: Everything lags from Windows Aero to browsing to gaming
Created On: 01/11/2013 03:32 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/11/2013 03:32 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
NoobPowersUnited
Peon

Hey guys, I 've had two 7770s in crossfire for a while now but I still can't solve my problem: Games have a weird lag in them making it very uncomfortable to play. Windows Aero and browsing lags too. Drivers and CAPS are at latest and I tried everything from 12.8 on. My 6670 never had a problem and if I disable crossfire and try the cards out on their own, the lag stays with both of them.

My specs:

FX8120, Sapphire PB 990FX, VTX3D X-Editon 7770, Gigabyte 7770. I'm thinking it's a faulty motherboard (the third of three woohoo!) but what do you guys think? The motherboad sucks badly, the power LED is broken and the bios is absolutely horrible, making crossfire no working when the Marvell controller is in use.

Here's a video of what I mean of the lag: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFxIFYgpkZU

01/11/2013 03:39 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

Have you tried a complete un-install of CCC followed by running Driver Fusion (in safe mode and w/ elevated privileges) then installing the current version release of CCC?

-------------------------

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Requiescat In Pace AMD Processor Forums | Member since: 1/19/2009 | Post count:
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

01/11/2013 04:14 PM

Author Icon
NoobPowersUnited
Peon

Originally posted by: Canis-X Have you tried a complete un-install of CCC followed by running Driver Fusion (in safe mode and w/ elevated privileges) then installing the current version release of CCC?

No but I had to wipe boot drive once so I installed the drivers completely new anyway.

Statistics
80912 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.