Topic Title: Desktop size no longer matches screen resolution
Topic Summary: Suddenly I have to scroll all around . . . .
Created On: 01/11/2013 07:26 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/11/2013 07:26 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
oskarmatzerath
Peon

This is regarding my ATI HD 3200 video card--I couldn't find a more fitting topic for it, so forgive me if this is not in the right place . . . 

I am using a Windows XP desktop 32-bit desktop computer with an ATI Radeon HD 3200 video card hooked with an HP x1907 monitor.  This has been working fine for the year or two I've had it, but all of a sudden the video card no longer "talks" to the monitor--it won't let me select the proper screen resolution (1440 x 900), and any screen resolution I choose is "larger" than the monitor--I have to scroll around on the screen to get to the edges.  I am connecting through a VGA port, so the "scaling" option in the Catalyst control center doesn't work.

This began suddenly and with no obvious instigating incidents (not even a power outage or anything).  I have been in every screen settings dialog box I can find, have reinstalled drivers for both the monitor and the video card numerous times, etc., etc., and nothing is working.  (I've tried the monitor on other computers, and it works fine, so the problem is not there.)

Thanks for any help!  I'm stumped and can't watch movies on my computer, leaving my Netflix account neglected and feeling unloved!

Mark

Statistics
85454 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.