Topic Title: Vsync not working
Topic Summary: CXF 5870
Created On: 01/12/2013 08:58 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/12/2013 08:58 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Riordin
Peon

Hello,

I recently had to re-install windows due to a broken RAID Array. 

Once windows was installed and all drivers and software had been re-installed i noticed that my vsyn no longer works and everything seems to bbe running less smoothly.

Prior to the re-install i had my CCC "Wait for Vertical Refresh" setting set to "Always On" and then turned vsync on in whatever game i was playing. This resulted in the smoothest gameplay for me. 

Now however i try this and it no longer works.   "Wait for Vertical Refresh" is on "Always On" and no vsync. i try turning vsync on in game, still doesnt work. ive tried a mix of ingame on/off and CCC on/off and nothing seems to be working, no vsync what so ever.

Even more strange that even when the FPS is more than 60 in game everything seems choppy on top of the tearing. My fraps overlay tells me i'm running 80 - 90 FPS but it looks more like it's running at 40.

Ive tried everything from disabling CFX, reinstalling drivers, as well as reinstalling the games but nothing seems to be working.

Any thoughts on how to get this working again?

Current System Specs:

i7-2600k  (4.8Ghz)
8GB DDR3 1600Mhz
2x 120GB Patriot Wildfire SSD (RAID 0)
2x Asus 5870 1GB (Crossfire Enabled, CCC 12.11 Beta)

Let me know if you require any more info.

Cheers 

Statistics
84269 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 8 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.