Topic Title: Help - No sound from HD5970 pluged into TV with HDMI
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/14/2013 10:30 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/14/2013 10:30 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
irlwizard
Peon

Hello my graphics card is HD5970

http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/ati-radeon-hd-5000/hd-5970/Pages/ati-radeon-hd-5970-overview.aspx#2

I have a Onkyo Receiver for surround sound and a Panasonic Viera Plasma TV. Tried to plug the TV directly into my graphics card but I only have VGA, DVI and some mini usb slot thing. So I used a DVI to HDMI adapter on the garphics card and pluged the TV cables HDMI into that. The picture works and it looks beautiful but I get absolutely NO SOUND. When I open control Panel, Hardware and Sound then Sound it says my ATI sound is disabled. Tried downloading Realtek drivers and I also have the latest ATI catalyst drivers but nothing gets the sound working. My laptop can make the sound work if I plug it into the laptops VGA HDMI slot. The HD5970 does NOT have pure HDMI port.

So my guess is that the TV cables HDMI goes into the HDMI to DVI adapter and the PC only gets the DVI signal for the screen, but the SOUND part of the HDMI is lost in the adapter. Any suggestions on how to get the sound working with HD5970? I have no idea what the micro USB thing does.

Regards

-------------------------
HD 5970 (VGA), GB-X58A-UD5 (mobo)
 01/14/2013 11:24 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

AMD never did retail any HD5970 video cards, so I am curious to know who the partner manufacturer is to confirm the outputs on the back.  Or, can you confirm the outputs are the same on the card shown in the link you provided:  2x Dual-Link DVI, and 1x MiniDP

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

Statistics
87559 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.