Topic Title: Driver Issues - BSODs and Windows fail
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/23/2013 12:11 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/23/2013 12:11 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
mysweetgrace
Peon

I appreciate any info on how to go about resolving this issue.  

I am trying to see if a failed video driver install is causing a system to fail to start.  The owner of this laptop says that she got a BSOD which stated video drivers were missing or corrupt, so she went to the AMD website to install video drivers.  I am not sure if she installed the correct drivers, but now the system will not boot at all since driver install.  Safe Mode boot attempts freeze after atipcie.sys.  Startup Repair has failed twice. HD and RAM seem to be fine.  

I would like to remove the drivers and install the proper ones (from the laptop manufacturer's website).  I am not sure how to go about doing this in the command prompt without uninstalling chipset drivers (this machine has an AMD Processor).  

Also, if I am able to get into the system, is it safe to uninstall the video driver and install the correct one?  **Edit - Windows just loaded fine.  Any suggestions on what I should do?  Are these drivers correct?

Specs:

Gateway NV7316u

AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 (Driver version installed 8.34.0.0)

AMD Turion II Dural-Core Mobile m500

64 - Bit Windows 7 Home Premium

4 GB Ram

Statistics
84698 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.