Topic Title: Monitor goes black when playing games
Topic Summary: When playing certain games monitor blacks out and stays black with game still running but no image.
Created On: 01/25/2013 12:08 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/25/2013 12:08 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
trixyblue
Peon

When playing some games the monitor goes black, the game is still running, but theres no image on the screen, no attempts at trying to get it to return work, other than rebooting the computer, but then playing the game again only turns the screen black.

At first i thought it was my Samsung monitor so i tried another brand monitor, it did the same, usually the signs are, you can hear the gpu fan speed  up suddenly and and then the screen goes black, ive tested the gpu, for overheating and its came back negative.

It was suggested to attach, another monitor to see if both went black, while the power was on, i connected another cable, the fan wound up and the screen went black, i turned the computer off, did the same the monitor was black, so i didnt bother testing with another monitor, ive replaced cables in case that was the problem and changed sockets still the same, even reseated the gpu.

Cpu: Intel i7-2600 3.40 ghz

Gpu: Amd Radeon Hd 6900

Ram: 12 gig

Op Sys: Win 7 64 bit

Statistics
84853 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.