Topic Title: HDMI output produces seam
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/29/2013 02:34 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/29/2013 02:34 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Dekade
Peon

I use my Radeon HD 6000 series cards to get recorded shows from Windows Media Center 7 (on my desktop computer) over to my 46" HD Television.

I perform this process via a 30' HDMI cable.

There is aproblem that occurs. It is a horizontal seam that will scroll from the bottom to the top or from the top to the bottom or just blink in and out at any location from top to bottom.

This has been going on for 6 months.

It has taken place with an HD6850 card, an HD6870 card, and an HD6670 card. All three in the same desktop case.

Two different manufacturer 30' long 'high quality' HDMI cables have been tried. Also the system was moved closer together to try a 6' HDMI cable.

I have always followed the prompt to upgrade the AMD Catalyst software. I am current at the latest which is 13.

The problem IS NOT PRESENT via the DVI connection to the desktop monitor.

This problem makes watching recorded programs very aggitating.

Any solutions out there?

-------------------------

Thanks,

Dekade

01/29/2013 03:37 PM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

I think your fellow forum members will want more information:

> brand & model of the 46" HDTV
> brand & model of motherboard
> tested any games for the problem?

What about Youtube Videos?  What specific video/file formats are you creating and/or watching with Media Center 7?  Have you tested other video players like VLC Player?  Have you tested a BluRAY movie?

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

01/29/2013 05:05 PM

Author Icon
Dekade
Peon

Forum,

I just received Marc's reply. Thank you Marc for alerting me to my shortfall of information.

Asus M4A785-M Motherboard;

4 MB RAM;

Brand new UN46ES7100 Samsung;

(HOWEVER, same issues with previous Sony KDL46HX750 and Sony 46Z4100),

Windows Media Center 7 native file format DVR-MS,

Have not tried another player because the problem does not occur via the DVI to monitor cable AND none of them seem to support DVR-MS

No Blue Ray player in desktop tower,

Standalone Sony Blu Ray player via HDMI - WOW! - outstanding!!!!

Not a gamer,

Have not tried You Tube over the HDMI connection yet - however, You Tube does fine via the Samsung Smart Hub feature.

I'm verry willing to receive continuing input in an effort to isolate the issue.

Thanks,

Dekade

01/30/2013 09:15 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

Can I confirm that you are recording the TV shows on the computer?  Does that mean you have a TV Tuner device in your system? If so, which one.

Within the DVR-MS format, are there different quality settings you can choose to record the TV at? If so, does changing them make a difference?

Test You-Tube online (off the computer).  Download VLC Player, and test some video files through it. .mkv, .avi, etc..

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

01/30/2013 09:02 PM

Author Icon
Dekade
Peon

Yes, I am recording from a computer with a TV Tuner device. The device is a "Silicon Dust HD Home Run Dual Tuner". It has two tuners; record two shows at one time; record one watch another etc.

To the very best of MY knowledge I cannot locate a way to adjust the quality of the DVR-MS format at all.

There are other DVR recording softwares out there. I have studied them to a fairly lengthy degree and have not chose to proceed with them because of greater degrees of technicality.

Besides and additionally, Windows Media Center 7 has proven to be the very best all around DVR software across the internet.

I have not yet tried any other video file formats. I have to figure out first how to get them to play through Windows Media Center. I will experiment with that on 1/31/2013 and let you know. Same with You Tube.

This whole 'seam' issue is a very strange occurence. Does anyone feel that it is correctable?

I wish we could stir up someone who is doing the same thing that I am doing that could tell us if they have a like problem with like hardware. Know what I mean?

I think I have a file that I might be able to attach to this forum. It is a video file taken with a Canon A630 digital camera (more a still shot camera with a short video recorder option). It is a camera video recording of watching a TV recording playback via WMC7 on the HD TV. In other words I video recorded the TV screen. There is no color quality at all because of video trying to record video. However, the 'seams' do show up clearly.

The video will show the 'seams' but I don't know if actually seeing the 'seams' will get any of us any closer to further understanding the problem than what we already know about it from my posts. Let me know. How large of a file (MB's) can I attach to this forum?

Thanks,

Dekade

01/31/2013 09:18 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

Uploading files can't be done on this forum.  I would recommend to setup a YouTube account and upload the file their and then just link the video in a post.

However, first try to do some more tests and see if you can reproduce the issue in different scenarios.  Youtube, a video file in VLC Player, etc.. etc..

Maybe put a call in with the tv tuner people.  Perhaps they have some ideas on how to adjust settings in Media Center.  Also thorough go through the TV's manual, and see if there is any setting that might stop the issue too.

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

Statistics
86427 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.