Topic Title: New update gave me a two tone screen :/
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/30/2013 08:56 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/30/2013 08:56 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
brettwurst
Peon

I did the graphics card update yesterday (i think, recently anyway) and it didn't reset the resolution and now the left half of my screen is a different contrast to the right.

fixed the resolution, but how do I make the screen one colour?

01/30/2013 09:07 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

We need more information!  What is the brand & model of display(s) connected? Exactly how are they connected?

What video card do you have?  What do you mean by an 'update'?  Driver Update or Hardware Update/Upgrade?

Details! Specifics! Need more information.

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this do*****ent is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

01/30/2013 09:33 AM

Author Icon
brettwurst
Peon

the screen is LG Flatron w2253TQ

Gcard is Radeon HD 6800 series. It was a driver update.

sorry about the lack of info, I thought it would be a simple mistake I'd made!

01/30/2013 09:52 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

It very likely was a simple mistake - likely made by the system.  Getting a two-tone display is rather perplexing.  It is easy for me to just think your display or video card could be faulty.

There is no setting that is a switch for "two-tone display: ON/OFF"

I am thinking that a detailed driver uninstall/install will likely take care of this.  A fellow forum member, stumped, posted a good How-To for Uninstalling Drivers. Work through those instructions, and then re-install the driver for the video card.

Uninstall:
http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=444&threadid=162444&enterthread=y

Catalyst 13.1 Driver for HD6000 series on Win7 64-bit (assuming you have this operating system:
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx

You just need to download and install the first option (146mb)

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this do*****ent is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

01/30/2013 10:39 AM

Author Icon
brettwurst
Peon

I've just tried that, no luck

I also tried changing plugging it into the other port on the video card.

I don't think it's the screen, as when I turn it on, the 'no video signal' doesn't have a line through it, it only appears when windows opens.

any other suggestions?

01/30/2013 11:29 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

What specific outputs are all provided on the back of your HD6800 series video card? Do you know the specific brand & model of the graphics card too?

Exactly how is your LG w2253TQ connected to the video card (from output on card, to input on monitor)?  Is this the monitor:

http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-W2253TQ-PF-lcd-monitor

It has both DVI and VGA inputs.  Can you try a different connection type?

In Device Manager, under Display Adapter.. what is listed?  Check the Properrties > Driver Tab > Driver Version & Date... what is listed?

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

01/30/2013 12:58 PM

Author Icon
brettwurst
Peon

It's fixed!

I went through everything that could be wrong, restoring them to previous things. Turns out, it was the screen. After trying various new cables and screens, turns out I just had to press a few buttons on the original one.

Thank you for your time and help!

Statistics
80966 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.