Topic Title: New update gave me a two tone screen :/
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/30/2013 08:56 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/30/2013 08:56 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
brettwurst
Peon

I did the graphics card update yesterday (i think, recently anyway) and it didn't reset the resolution and now the left half of my screen is a different contrast to the right.

fixed the resolution, but how do I make the screen one colour?

01/30/2013 09:07 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

We need more information!  What is the brand & model of display(s) connected? Exactly how are they connected?

What video card do you have?  What do you mean by an 'update'?  Driver Update or Hardware Update/Upgrade?

Details! Specifics! Need more information.

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

01/30/2013 09:33 AM

Author Icon
brettwurst
Peon

the screen is LG Flatron w2253TQ

Gcard is Radeon HD 6800 series. It was a driver update.

sorry about the lack of info, I thought it would be a simple mistake I'd made!

01/30/2013 09:52 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

It very likely was a simple mistake - likely made by the system.  Getting a two-tone display is rather perplexing.  It is easy for me to just think your display or video card could be faulty.

There is no setting that is a switch for "two-tone display: ON/OFF"

I am thinking that a detailed driver uninstall/install will likely take care of this.  A fellow forum member, stumped, posted a good How-To for Uninstalling Drivers. Work through those instructions, and then re-install the driver for the video card.

Uninstall:
http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=444&threadid=162444&enterthread=y

Catalyst 13.1 Driver for HD6000 series on Win7 64-bit (assuming you have this operating system:
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx

You just need to download and install the first option (146mb)

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

01/30/2013 10:39 AM

Author Icon
brettwurst
Peon

I've just tried that, no luck

I also tried changing plugging it into the other port on the video card.

I don't think it's the screen, as when I turn it on, the 'no video signal' doesn't have a line through it, it only appears when windows opens.

any other suggestions?

01/30/2013 11:29 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

What specific outputs are all provided on the back of your HD6800 series video card? Do you know the specific brand & model of the graphics card too?

Exactly how is your LG w2253TQ connected to the video card (from output on card, to input on monitor)?  Is this the monitor:

http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-W2253TQ-PF-lcd-monitor

It has both DVI and VGA inputs.  Can you try a different connection type?

In Device Manager, under Display Adapter.. what is listed?  Check the Properrties > Driver Tab > Driver Version & Date... what is listed?

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

01/30/2013 12:58 PM

Author Icon
brettwurst
Peon

It's fixed!

I went through everything that could be wrong, restoring them to previous things. Turns out, it was the screen. After trying various new cables and screens, turns out I just had to press a few buttons on the original one.

Thank you for your time and help!

Statistics
86484 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.