Locked Topic Locked
Topic Title: 7950 idle clock issues and tearing
Topic Summary: issue with the idle clocks when an external monitor is connected and tearing
Created On: 02/03/2013 05:46 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/03/2013 05:46 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
claudiuo
Peon

I will start by saying this is why PC market is crumbling at the expense  of fixed hardware configs like laptops , tablets and mobile phones. People need working software and hardware out of the box and not try their luck with a new video card into a new pc system where there a lot of possibilites for a thing or two to go wrong. We will talk about what could go wrong.

Well , i spend aprox. 2000 euro last year for a state of the art PC . Only the videocard ( Asus 7950 Direct CU II , the most expensive (at that time) 7950 solution) was aprox. 350 euros.

Got home , installed them all togheter and what do i see ? I see flickering in games , i see bugs with idle clocks when an external monitor is connected (videocard does not go below 500 Mhz GPU/ 1250 Mhz Mem clocks!!!!! ) even if the external monitor is turned off!!! but connected to the hdmi port of the videocard , etc etc

This bug translated into higher temps and energy consumtion when an external screeen is connected (even if turned off or unpluged from power outlet)

Sent an email to support , they don't even know when they will fix it or if THEY WILL EVER WILL! and they noticed i am using a Z77X chipset and there are some issues that will be fixed in the next driver released(waited for13.1 but the issues were not fixed)  Sent a driver feedback info ... no response in 2 weeks.Now that is a true example of communication within a company. Done AMD style.

The question is  why should i buy an AMD product in the future ? You know , there is a reason why you guys are loosing marketshare. It's called customer experience.

Checked online to see if there are other with the same issue. It seems the idle clocks issue when external tv connected was  present even with version 10 of Catalyst Software. Now that is a pure example of software quality and support care.

PS: I  have the latest 13.1 drivers , they said they fixed the idle clocks in this release (what a joke) ,freshly installed Windows 8 system(tested with Windows 7 too - same) , latest mb bios , latest videocard bios and did everything to know this a clear driver issue and that QA's Department at AMD don't know their job properly.

Sorry AMD , you lost me. Even Nvidia's offerings are a little expensive there is  reason for that. It's called quality. They probably invest in QA process much more than you'll ever do. Sick and tired of your trial and error methods of fixing drivers.

SYS : proc: intel i7 , mobo :gigabyte Z77X D3H , 16 GB DDR3 , intel SSD , ,Asus Radeon HD 7950 Direct CU II , 1 xDell Main Pc Monitor , 1x Sony TV 46" ,Seasonic Platinum Edition PSU 660W.

Edited: 02/03/2013 at 06:12 AM by claudiuo
 02/03/2013 08:12 AM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

Originally posted by: claudiuo I will start by saying this is why PC market is crumbling at the expense  of fixed hardware configs like laptops , tablets and mobile phones.

Such an analyst...

People need working software and hardware out of the box and not try their luck with a new video card into a new pc system where there a lot of possibilites for a thing or two to go wrong. We will talk about what could go wrong.

Why don't you buy a mac or a console?

This bug translated into higher temps and energy consumtion when an external screeen is connected (even if turned off or unpluged from power outlet)

I'm sure that after spending 2000€ for a PC, that 0,0000001€ increase in the electricity bill will kill you.

Sent an email to support , they don't even know when they will fix it or if THEY WILL EVER WILL!

If you used the same tone as here, I'm surprised the answered at all.

Sent a driver feedback info ... no response in 2 weeks. Now that is a true example of communication within a company. Done AMD style.

Or just someone can't read... It is clearly written on the reporting form, that they won't answer, if you need an answer, contact AMD Customer Care.

The question is  why should i buy an AMD product in the future ? You know , there is a reason why you guys are loosing marketshare. It's called customer experience.

Please don't, go buy a console instead. Or a mac. Or both.

Seriously. How could we lose market shere, when most of us don't even have a company at the first place? You're not our customer either, as far as I know. See the reason in the previous sentence.

Sorry AMD , you lost me.

You're still not talking to AMD but your fellow users. Once again, problems with reading. You probably didn't read this.

Even Nvidia's offerings are a little expensive there is  reason for that. It's called quality. They probably invest in QA process much more than you'll ever do. Sick and tired of your trial and error methods of fixing drivers.

Well, who cares? If you like them more, and still decided to buy AMD, you should probably visit a doctor or something.

I only answered using these nice manners because you came here and politely asked for help... Seriously, what is wrong with you? Had no childhood or something? Do you also stop strangers in the street and start shouting and ranting at them, because you don't like what you bought? That's how 3-year-old children work.

-------------------------

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

02/03/2013 08:47 AM

Author Icon
claudiuo
Peon

sorry dude but you seemed like a troll from the start and i did not read your entire post. go troll somewhere else.

PS : oh, politely ask for help?is that your method of escaping from the mods here after trolling for the 90% of your useless post?  i did that "genius" and result is 0, nada. But you are too busy trolling to notice that i contacted support on the issue.  When you pay more than 350 euros on a premium videocard  , probably the entire value of your awesome systems , and things do not work like they should ... you have the right to get angry.

But in poorer countries you are glad you have a videocard at all nevermind the drivers.

Now if you don't have anything usefull to the discussion go troll somewhere else and stfu. Thanks. and you will be ignored from now on.

I am 100% sure you don't have a proper answer to my problem as aparently neither AMD. The post above is not to ask for help from know-it alls  like you but to warn potential users  for what they may face with this awesome catalyst software.

Edited: 02/03/2013 at 09:10 AM by claudiuo
 02/04/2013 09:11 AM

Author Icon
ptol
Peon

Seriously, people, just try to help felow users...!

Everyone that spends a lot of money in a brand new PC, wants it to work properly; those who don't care about it are very likely to be rich people, or I just don't know...!

Money doesn't grow on trees, you know...!

CPU: iNTEL i5 3570 K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3 1600 MHz| MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V PRO| GPU: XFX HD 7950 3024MB | 1 SSD + 2 HDD | Display: Samsung SyncMaster 19'' Wide| PSU: Corsair 850 Modular | OS: MS Windows 7 x 64 Professional Edition

02/04/2013 10:05 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

Claudio,

I am locking this thread.  I strongly encourage you to read the Forum's Terms & Conditions, here:

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=460&threadid=161907&enterthread=y

Specifically, I deem the thread you created as trolling, and not support related.  After reviewing your post, it is clear you are not looking for support, and it is very reasonable to expect certain reactions from forum members on AMD's Support & Game Forum. 

From the ToC:

7. NO TROLLING OR FLAME WARS. Trolling and/or attempting to bait others into a flame war will not be tolerated. Any posts we deem to do so will be deleted.

15. This forum is here solely for the express purpose of supporting current and future users of AMD technology. Posts advocating or suggesting the use of a competitor's product are deemed inappropriate and we reserve the right to delete such posts/threads at our sole discretion.

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

Statistics
84868 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.