Topic Title: This company must change name as NAMD
Topic Summary: What a waste >:(
Created On: 02/13/2013 07:47 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/13/2013 07:47 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
GNY84
Peon

I ve changed my computer recently. I made some good (!) custom pc setup with fistfull of money.  Looking everything cool, but from outside. There lots of reasons, but first one is e-mail support is not working since ... ahh  i cant remember when i was exactly trying to reach these AMD/ATI crew. I think they especially leaving it broken. Because cards they have been sold to us is full of a problems and they dont want to mess with them or caring abot them. E-mail support is broken for months Hey AMD/ATI crew i am saying to you! If you accomplish to fix your e-mail support maybe someday you could to achieve making good cards or cpu stuff. I am really pissed because Dual Radeon HD6870 GPU cards with crossfire on Crosshair Formula V MainBoard, with AMD FX8150 8 CORE (Biggest lie, in fact this cpu has 4 Core's),Kingston hyper 16 GB 1600Mhz DDR3 Rams,  750W Cooler Master PSU works slower than 1 GPU Card. How is it possible. They meant to be fast not slow.I was trying to reach any way to help but nothing is possible. E-mail support is down, Forum is almost useless. In short this system are waste of money and time, support is same. This company must be named as: None Advanced Micro Devices.
 02/14/2013 06:49 AM

Author Icon
Dinwiddie
Grinding Levels

Interesting. The FX 8150 has only four cores, not eight. You should get together with others who have bought this lie and launch a class action against AMD. Then with the money you get from your false advertising campaign you can buy a console and not have to worry about the great scams perpertrated by AMD, Intel, Nvidia, and Monopoly$oft. Ooops ! Don't buy an XBOX, MS makes them. I think the best option may be a Commador 64. A bit retro maybe, but flawless. You can save a fistful of money instead of throwing it away. Happy, happy. Joy, joy !

Almost forgot - You are spitting into the wind by ranting on a comunity forum. No one from AMD will hear you. Hey! You can tack that on to your lawsuit as well.

02/14/2013 11:39 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

Dinwiddie - We are here, and we do hear GNY84.

GNY84 - I have sent you a PM.  Curious to know the issues you have had trying to submit a support ticket.  I know our Customer Care group continues to receive new support tickets daily.

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

02/15/2013 05:08 AM

Author Icon
Dinwiddie
Grinding Levels

G'day Marc - While you're here, thanks for your response to my report a while back. I hope you don't think my sarcasm is a bit incongruous in relation to what I said in that report.

So you are actually an employee of AMD ? Pretty unusual on a forum, but I have notice that Nvidia seems to have a company man stop by on occasion lately as well. No such thing at the Monopoly$oft forums (that I am aware of).

Cheers -

Edited: 02/15/2013 at 06:53 AM by Dinwiddie
 02/16/2013 12:32 AM

Author Icon
Thanny
Alpha Geek

Bulldozer+ chips sold as 8-core have 8 complete integer cores and four floating point cores.  I do think the decision to market them on the number of integer cores was questionable, but it's not blatantly dishonest.  They aren't the first company to sell CPU's with different numbers of integer vs floating point cores.  The UltraSPARC T1 had eight simplified integer cores and a single floating point core.

As for the OP, a coherent request for assistance, rather than a rambling rant, would probably result in a better outcome.

02/17/2013 05:36 AM

Author Icon
rrrrex
Peon

Support is a serious problem of large companies. Customers often even smarter than the experts. But if you have a bunch of the same questions and do not do anything to solve them, then you have no excuse. Of course, if you have a lot of customers, they will ask a lot of questions, but these questions should help you to make the product better.

Look at the windows 8, no one asked consumers. MS doesn't understand why windows xp is still popular, this hides the success of the new operating system.

02/17/2013 11:14 AM

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

I think that the decision not to tie the two integer cores together in hardware was wrong as well and would have made it a much stronger processor, maybe it's something we will see in the future (and something I will undoubtedly not receive any credit or money for).

As for Windows 8, the real problem is they think that everyone is tied to their smartphones, and they've forgotten the first rule: Function First. Also, and quite a few people realize this, Windows 8 is just Windows 6.2, just Vista with literally a new coat of paint and the ability to natively mount disk images, something which has been out there for years as free software.

AMD FX-8350 w/ Corsair H105, ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Gen3/R2, 8GiB G.SKILL DDR3-2133, XFX HD 7970, 512GB Vertex 4, 256GB Vector, 240GB Agility 3, Creative X-Fi Titanium w/ Creative Gigaworks S750, SeaSonic X750, Corsair C70, HP ZR2440w, Win 7 Ultimate x64
 02/18/2013 04:30 PM

Author Icon
GNY84
Peon

Some companies has a big ego that preventing to realize position in the consumers eyes. I don't think they caring about what you think, they care about "how can we do better polishing things for higher selling rates". Windows or some other OS'es are in same ship. Anyway, Dear eager supporter MARC's support is done i think. He helped me to write again what is my hardware's problem. That's all. In fact it helped made up my mind. Let me say what will i do for this "BIG" help. I'll sell every ATI/AMD part seperately on 2.hand hardware markets,Im gonna make some little smearing campaign about ATI/AMD, peoples around me and companies for i work for. If it possible ill prevent them to buying these products. I am digital artist in middle sized company, i doing my job every day with 4 Computers. 1 Mac, 2 High end laptop, 1 High end Desktop. I can't give a count about peoples around me. It doesnt matter anyway. Maybe i am just a FLY about this company but be assured ill give a good nausea. Have a good day people.    
 02/19/2013 11:27 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

Originally posted by: Dinwiddie So you are actually an employee of AMD ? Pretty unusual on a forum, but I have notice that Nvidia seems to have a company man stop by on occasion lately as well. No such thing at the Monopoly$oft forums (that I am aware of).

All Forum members that have the @AMD as part of their username are AMD employees. 

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

Statistics
89084 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.