Topic Title: Dual monitor duplicate display audio issue on 6970.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/13/2013 09:54 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/13/2013 09:54 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Sir Stewart Wallace
Peon

Hello, I've recently created a duplicate display profile under Catalyst using my 6970 card (12.11 drivers) with the hdmi out going to a crt (XBR960) and displayport going out to an LCD via a displayport to hdmi cable. The video works fine on both monitors, with each monitor having their own side profiles like lcd overdrive, scaling, and display color; the problem exists in the audio. After setting the duplicate display option I checked on the AMD audio option under Catalyst because I wasn't hearing any sound, and it indicates that my displays do not support audio despite both supporting it and both being hooked up via hdmi.

I tried tinkering with the Windows sound control panel (running Vista-64, never had a single problem with it, and the PC is powerful enough to run it well), but there doesn't seem to be a fix there. I'm not looking to have each tv have separate audio streams going out to them (and I am not running a 7000 series on this PC, but on my other PC, so I don't expect that), but one audio stream to both tv's.

The setup essentially allows for one person in the household to watch cable on one tv and the other to use the PC on the other tv and to be able to switch that up whenever it's needed, so both tv's will not be using audio or video at the same time, this setup is just easier than switching cables.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Statistics
84185 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.