Topic Title: Jaggies appeared after cleaning graphics card
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/13/2013 09:56 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/13/2013 09:56 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Endgamelikespie
Peon

Graphics Card

SAPPHIRE 100265L Radeon HD 4830 512MB 256-bit

AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History

Just updated to latest version trying to fix this problem, do not remember the previous version. AMD Vision Engine Control Center has less options after the update and I cannot even find out what the current version is.

Operating System

Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1

Issue Details

Basically, I cleaned out my computer, took out the video card for what I believe to be the first time, cleaned out the fan and heat sink with a q-tip, blew it off, etc.

Afterwards, jaggies have shown up in EVERYTHING. Games, YouTube videos, even my my Windows mouse cursor is jaggier than it used to be.

Thinking I might have gotten dust somewhere it wasn't before, I did a more elaborate cleaning with a toothbrush, which got LOTS of dust off of it. And wiped the PIN connectors with a q-tip with rubbing alcohol. (Gave about an hour to dry, q-tip did have some greyed out spots.) However, this did not help anything.

Everything was fine beforehand.

I am wondering what it was I might have screwed up, and if I might be able to fix this.

Motherboard or System Make & Model

Foxconn A76ML-K

Power Supply

OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W

Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used

ASUS VH238, DVI connection

Applications and Games

It is happening in everything.

CPU Details

AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz Socket AM2+ 95W Dual-Core black edition, no overclocking

Motherboard BIOS Version

P05

System Memory Type & Amount

2 sticks of 2GB G. Skill 240-pin DDR2 1066

Additional Hardware

Western Digital WD Black WD7501AALS 750GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb Hard Drive, one 120M rear case fan and one 80M front case fan.

Additional Details

I do regular spyware checks with Spybot and Malware Bytes. Graphics Card was fine until I cleaned it for some reason.

Statistics
84262 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.