Topic Title: Radeon 7950 Flickering Problem in Games Whilst Recording
Topic Summary: I keep getting graphical errors in games - League of Legends as one example
Created On: 02/14/2013 08:02 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/14/2013 08:02 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
my7950RadeonHD
Peon

AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
12.1 13.1 13.2 beta

Operating System
Windows 7 64 Bit Professional

Issue Details
- include specifics on symptoms, and steps to reproduce the issue

When I use a recording device such as xsplit or OBS to record my in game footage there is flickering in the game and graphical issues. When I upload them to Youtube, people have on both League of Legend forums and Xsplit forums report these problems occuring with the high range AMD processors.

I removed all the drivers, and replaced the drivers to the newest in beta and it still has this annoying flickering. At first it was flickering I could see whilst playing, but now it's a flickering on the recordings.

Are AMD working on solving the issue or is it a broken graphics card?

I also had the drivers constantly crashing, prior to installing 13.2 beta through just using chrome. I understand now that it may be a driver issue, but could you confirm you are actually working on fixing it soon?

Or is it a physical problem with the graphics card.

Applications and Games

I'm having a problem when recording my in game footage that results in a flickering of a black screen, I uninstalled all drivers, reinstalled drivers to the beta, but I still get it.

I get it both using XSPLIT and OBS.

CPU Details
i5-2500k 3.30 @ 3.70 (4CPUS)

8GB ram

Z77 Gigabyte Motherboard

HIS RADEON 7950 3GB

Additional Details
It can only be the graphics card everything else ruled out.

02/15/2013 01:00 PM

Author Icon
claudiuo
Peon

Z77 mainboards have a long issue list with the 79xx series cards. Complain to either the mainboard manufactures, videocard manufactures (NOT AMD) or  AMD. Better try your luck with the first two as AMD needs 3 releases to actually fix a thing and then ruin it in the forth release. Not enough money for QA i presume.

02/15/2013 05:10 PM

Author Icon
my7950RadeonHD
Peon

Well I would like to upload my videos to youtube, and I'm going to check every other game I have too now, someone messaged me saying they had it with Crisis 2, but I can't see his post to reply to it now.

I just keep having problems with this graphics card and isn't like it is cheap either! I just constantly seem to have issues with it, it doesn't feel like it is supported.

What is the typical response time from AMD? The problem is apparently happening across all time of high end Radeon's7xxx

If I RMA the product could I just ask for a Nvidia?

Statistics
86398 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.