Topic Title: Gigabyter 7750 (GV-R7750OC-1GI) Giving 'snow' like lines on the screen
Topic Summary: Snow lines on VGA (D-Sub) cables, HDMI is fine.
Created On: 02/18/2013 09:56 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/18/2013 09:56 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Tset Tsyung
Peon

Hi all,

First Gigabyte product and first post in this forum Smiley

I have recently purchased the GV-R775OC-1GI from ebuyer.com but I'm getting a problem with it.

I'm using this card with an asus m4a78lt-m LE mobo and it's going into a older LG Flatron w2242s monitor (think it's that one - at inlaws at mo).  The problem is that I'm getting very small lines appear on the monitor.  They're similar to when you had the signal on an older TV not quite right.  Now this monitor uses D-SUB (VGA) cables so I thought I'd try it on my Samsung 50" plasma.  No lines there, whether I'm using HDMI or D-SUB.

I also tried it on my brothers newer LG monitor (also D-SUB) and although the lines are still there they are practically imperceptible, so much so that unless you're looking you wouldn't notice.

However in my monitor I DO notice, playing games is not as great with interference... Sad I'm going to try it with a DVI adapter in case it's the port...

Apart from the DVI adapter idea can any of you lovely people think of what could be causing it? I was wondering if it's something to do with signal rate or voltage difference between older monitor and newer card... any thought?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Mike

02/18/2013 11:59 AM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

It is an analogue signal and does collect noise.  Getting a better quality d-sub cable would probably help. Moving other electronic devices far away from the computer might also help.

The best solution is switching to DVI, which carries a digital signal. Do you know the difference between old audio cassettes and CDs? The same applies here.

-------------------------

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

02/18/2013 01:17 PM

Author Icon
Tset Tsyung
Peon

I never had a problem with the previous card in the same setup, why would this one be different?

Have already considered the possibility of other electrical device causing interference so have tried moving speakers around, moving the tower etc.  No change...

As for going DVI... this monitor doesn't have DVI but will try adapter in case it's the port...

02/18/2013 01:21 PM

Author Icon
Tset Tsyung
Peon

Gah, Stupid window won't allow me to edit my reply!!!

Thanks Eydee for your reply, appreciate your help in this matter (Sorry for not saying that in the reply). 

Statistics
84977 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.