Topic Title: My dual hd7750s only work with the drivers from the cd
Topic Summary: win 7 crashed while installing 3 latest drivers from AMD.com
Created On: 02/18/2013 07:29 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/18/2013 07:29 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
crawling
Peon

I have 2 HD7750s powercolor 1 gig ddr5 version, I can not install the latest drivers for it and also the last 2 older drivers as this same thing happens with them all, during install the screen goes black and my pc freezes, I can get past this by removing a card then installing the software but when I try and boot windows 7 with both cards the pc freezes at the windows 7 logo screen, I am not the only one with this problem either I have noticed a lot of people from internet with the exact same problem, my stuff is mainboard m5a97 evo with 8 gig ram and fx quad core processor.

the cards work fine with the old drivers from the cd, I cant remember the version but updated drivers would be better for my games

02/18/2013 07:36 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

I think you should try a clean install of your graphics suite. Here is one way to do it > http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=444&threadid=162444&enterthread=y pay special attention to the .netframeworks requirement for latest drivers and update if necessary before trying to install the new drivers.

Also, don't use the auto-install thing. Follow steps 1-4 and download drivers. http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

02/18/2013 11:36 PM

Author Icon
crawling
Peon

Thanks for the reply but this did not work for me

I followed what you said exactly but I still have the same problem, I think there might be a compatibility issue using 2 cards with latest drivers and my mother board as it has a amd chipset with no intergrated graphics, I noticed people having the same problem as me either had the same motherboard as me or a very simular one, using the removal tool uninstalled my chipset and i noticed when I re installed it that it tries to install an older version of c++ x64 and thinks its not all ready installed.

It is very anoying having amd graphic cards and amd chip on motherboard when it comes to installing drivers

Statistics
84982 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.