Locked Topic Locked
Topic Title: What AMD will do about Physx?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/23/2013 09:52 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/23/2013 09:52 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Sblast
Peon

Hi,

I've got a high end AMD card coming to me next read. In the mean time I'm reading the game I got the card for (ARMA III and Metro: Last Night) are in need of Physx in order to enjoy them fully.
What are AMD planning to do about this?!
I'm thinking of canceling the order due Monday in order to buy a Nvidia card.
Only if I knew this first I would not order AMD!
WTF is up with this?! Is this thing real??

Thanks

Edited: 02/23/2013 at 10:26 AM by Sblast
 02/23/2013 11:19 AM

Author Icon
zipsi
Elite

PhysX blows, forget about it, the only reason AMD isn't having it is that NSHVidia doesn't like to share. You may also blame game developers for being too lazy to implement more cpu physics, you don't really need a gpu doing that job. And finally.. PhysX renders client side only, so in (mostly) multiplayer games like Arma III, you will see things that others don't for that extra bit of cunfusion and eye candy.

-------------------------
Intel I7 3770K @ 4.5ghz, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H, Gigabyte HD7970 ghz edition, 4x4gb Kingston HyperX Beast 2133mhz, Seasonic Platinum 860, Samsung 840 Pro 256gb, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb, WD Black 1TB, WD Green 3TB+1.5TB, ASUS Xonar Essence ST, ASUS VE278Q, Windows 3.11
 02/23/2013 12:52 PM

Author Icon
Sblast
Peon

So AMD will lack whole graphic features and you see the 'positive' sides of it?

Who cares who's to blame? I hope AMD will move their ***** and implement something to override this problem or replace it, because gamers ain't gonna give up on graphic features. That's the bloody reason they buy a GPU in the first place. To get all the eye-candy features. And I've bought a top end GPU, that I'm returning now.

So I'm returning my AMD and buying an INVIDIA even thou I need to put in extra cash to get the same frame rates. Frame rates ain't worth it when you lack a whole feature.
See you again when you fix this freaking
huge problem.

And no, game bundles and higher frame rates for a lower price won't make up for it in the long run. Thanks for wasting my time.

02/23/2013 01:55 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

You really need to read up and learn what NVidia's Agea PhysX really is before you go around complaining and pointing fingers.  :/

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Requiescat In Pace AMD Processor Forums | Member since: 1/19/2009 | Post count:
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

02/23/2013 03:24 PM

Author Icon
Sblast
Peon

Show me the light.

02/23/2013 04:01 PM

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

What is there to show? nVidia purchased PhysX years ago, it is a proprietary feature, they're not going to license it, they have no reason to. DirectCompute, Havok, and a few others are open source Physics options, some games use them, most don't, especially nVidia The Way It's Meant To Be Played sponsored studios. So why don't you go complain to the game studio for using a proprietary technology instead of a cross platform one, or just do like the rest of us and don't worry about it, who cares if you don't see a leaf blowing by or a shell casing bouncing off the ground.

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX/Gen3 R2, FX-8350 w/ Corsair H60, 8 GiB G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3-2133, XFX HD 7970 Ghz, 512GB Vertex 4, 256GB Vector, 240GB Agility 3, Creative X-Fi Titanium w/ Creative Gigaworks S750, SeaSonic X750, HP ZR2440w, Win 7 Ultimate x64
 02/23/2013 04:09 PM

Author Icon
Sblast
Peon

I actually did complain to them. Saddly I won't live forever and the strategy of 'blame the customer' will simply lower the number of customers. Try and make the customers happy. For your own sake AMD!

lol, so what do you care about when it comes to graphic?
Physx on Borderlands 2 was much more impressive and future versions of physx are coming out that will even be better.

02/23/2013 04:23 PM

Author Icon
Mradr
Peon

Na, it does look better, but I have to question why they are going that route? I mean, there is really nothing stopping them. My Intel Cpu goes mostly unused in games when I have about 8(6 use able) cores it can use with out issue.

<html />
 02/23/2013 07:21 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

Originally posted by: Sblast Show me the light.

Are you really that incapable of looking it up with Google, but you are more than capable enough of coming in here to cry about it?  I think your trolling so this thread is locked.  I suggest you go read up on it.

Cheers

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Requiescat In Pace AMD Processor Forums | Member since: 1/19/2009 | Post count:
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

Statistics
85768 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.