Topic Title: Problems with Radeon 6858
Topic Summary: Display does not work properly when booted up with driver
Created On: 02/27/2013 06:16 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/27/2013 06:16 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
db_tech
Peon

Hello!, I made a pretty standard gaming build:

Phenom Black II X4; Power Color Radeon HD 6850; Asus m5a97; 12 gb RAM. I had windows vista and upgraded to Windows 7 64bit about a year and a half ago. I was using a VGA screen, then I upgraded my display to hdmi about 4 months ago.

I have had this rig for about 2 years now, and i have kept it with clean fans and heatsinks. I was playing counter strike:go the other night and my monitor suddenly displayed dark blue horizontal lines in the screen. When i restarted the computer it displayed 2 or 3 wide black strips horizontally across the screen. I decided to uninstall the driver and update it.

This worked fine for about a month when it started doing the same thing after crashing my computer, and whenever I'd boot windows with a driver the windows logo part runs but the welcome screen shows those strips and after a few minutes the display shows horizontal blue lines and the entire pc becomes unresponsive. Sometimes booting with a 6800 series driver installed gives me a black screen after logo and nothing loads.

I re installed windows 7 (64) and the issue persisted, plus windows automatically kept installing radeon 6800 graphics form windows update.

I am only able to use a display with the VGA standard with no issue

Is there any way to fix it?

I have looked trough my card an not seen any blown capacitors or loose connections parts

Thanks

Statistics
85535 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.