Topic Title: Catalyst 13.2 beta 7 is the answer your 7800 series issues
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/03/2013 11:20 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/03/2013 11:20 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
poppedamolly
Peon

Making this thread to inform others.

If you noticed random flickering in some games with your 7800 card (detailed thread here http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=440&threadid=160356&enterthread=y&STARTPAGE=1 )

the latest catalyst 13.2 beta 7 drivers have eleminated the problem, your cards not broken stop wasting money rma a proper driver is here!!

03/04/2013 12:41 AM

Author Icon
Demitri
Peon

That doesn't seem to be true, at least not in my case. I have tried uninstalling the old drivers with AMDs Un-install Utility prior to installing the new 13.2 beta7 ones. I still see a lot of artefacts and flickering in games, such as Aion or Firefall.

Here is a video that I recorded yesterday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVmuFdqAuww

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bieK6PrdDFo

-------------------------

PSU: CORSAIR TX750 V2 / MB: ASUS M4A87TD / CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE 3.4 GHz / GPU: GIGABYTE Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB / RAM: 2x4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz / CASE: CM Storm Enforcer / OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1

Edited: 03/04/2013 at 01:26 PM by Demitri
 03/04/2013 07:02 AM

Author Icon
Fishman
Button Masher

Originally posted by: Demitri  

That doesn't seem to be true, at least not in my case. I have tried uninstalling the old drivers with AMDs Un-install Utility prior to installing the new 13.2 beta7 ones. I still see a lot of artefacts and flickering in games, such as Aion or Firefall.

Here is a video that I recorded yesterday:

After uninstalling the drivers you should run Driver Sweeper and clean out all leftover driver bits. The uninstaller doesnt get everything.

Then install new driver.  Try this and see if it helps.

GA-MA-790FXT-UD5P/ AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black/2 x XFX HD5870 /RipjawsX 2x4gb DDR3 1333/ Corsair TX750M/ Antec 900 case/ Windows 7x64 Ult.

03/04/2013 11:46 AM

Author Icon
poppedamolly
Peon

hang in there then, it fixed the problem on Tera Online (unreal engine).If i recall Aion is crysis engine so it should be dealt with in the next offical patch. your card isnt broken just needs proper driver

unrelated note: i cant believe people still play aion, i played years ago and i just cant see whats holding appeal for people

03/04/2013 12:19 PM

Author Icon
Demitri
Peon

Originally posted by: Fishman

After uninstalling the drivers you should run Driver Sweeper and clean out all leftover driver bits. The uninstaller doesnt get everything.

OK, I ran the free version of Driver Fusion (which apparently is the new name of Driver Sweeper) in safe mode and it did remove SOME drivers, but it also gave me a message that I must use the premium version in order to remove all AMD drivers. I still see artefacts and flickering in games, but thanks for the suggestion anyway. I guess I'll just have to format my HDD and re-istall the OS. And if that doesn't help, RMA.

PSU: CORSAIR TX750 V2 / MB: ASUS M4A87TD / CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE 3.4 GHz / GPU: GIGABYTE Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB / RAM: 2x4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz / CASE: CM Storm Enforcer / OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1

03/04/2013 01:01 PM

Author Icon
poppedamolly
Peon

Originally posted by: Demitri
Originally posted by: Fishman

OK, I ran the free version of Driver Fusion (which apparently is the new name of Driver Sweeper) in safe mode and it did remove SOME drivers, but it also gave me a message that I must use the premium version in order to remove all AMD drivers. I still see artefacts and flickering in games, but thanks for the suggestion anyway. I guess I'll just have to format my HDD and re-istall the OS. And if that doesn't help, RMA.

its not the card, its a driver issue with shadows on some game engines. all you can do is wait for stable driver. check that thread i linked in post 1 that guy did detailed testing

Statistics
84348 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.