Topic Title: 7870 - Strange issues.
Topic Summary: Related to the ZeroCore possibly?
Created On: 03/04/2013 02:02 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/04/2013 02:02 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
ManiacMartin
Peon

Hey everyone. First time poster, but I've been on the forums for a bit.

Anyways, I'm running a HD7870 GHz Edition GPU with the latest official drivers installed (13.1) and I'm getting strange issues, particularily when my monitor is supposed to go into standby.

The screen will go black, but won't turn off. It never actually powers down like it's supposed to. It's the black screen you'd get while loading a game or something -- it's on, but black. Instead of being turned off.

This isn't the first time it's had problems going into low power mode either. With 12.8 drivers installed it would crash at some random time while the monitor was off. I would come home after work around 5:30 and the clock on my G15 would say something like 2:40 and the computer wouldn't respond to any inputs. On extremely rare occasions it would attempt to come on, but BSoD. That's only happened twice, maybe, that I can recall.

I was hoping 13.1 would fix this issue but now it just doesn't do jack. I'm considering trying 13.2 beta drivers... I have them downloaded.

Was wondering if anyone has had similar problems and found a fix, or if it's something with ZeroCore or how windows uses the 7xxx series.

Thanks in advance for whatever info can be provided!
Cheers,
Andrew 

I suppose system details would be appropriate.
MSI Radeon HD7870 HAWK *Catalyst 13.1*
AMD Phenom X4 965 OC @ 4.2ghz
Gigabyte 990XA-UD3
8GB DDR3 Patriot Memory
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 

Edited: 03/04/2013 at 02:51 PM by ManiacMartin
Statistics
85509 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.