Topic Title: Blurry text on parts of screen.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/04/2013 04:38 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/04/2013 04:38 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
svafiadis
Peon

The issue I am having is with text appearing blurry consistently on parts of my screen.

I recently restored my pc to factory settings because of slow perfomance and various other issues. I encountered the first problem when i tried to install the latest drivers for my GPU (being CCC 13.1 and CAP 12.11) on my first try to install them, around 25% of the way through, I got a BSOD and upon restart the install ran through smoothly. After restarting once more my pc informed me that i didnt have .net framework 4 installed and CCC couldnt open. These two issues made me restore the computer again and start by installing all microsoft updates prior to installing the GPU software.

This time upon trying to install the GPU drivers at the same point during the install my computer restarted and upon the second try to install the drivers it ran smoothly. Since i have noticed that on certain parts of the screen text is blurry and on other parts it is completely sharp.

To make sure this wasnt a hardware issue with either the LCD screen or the HDMI connection i connected another PC with the same screen and cable and the issues were not reproduced.

I tried to attached the dump files from my current install when the computer restarted once installing CCC, but your uploader just gave me errors so heres a download link

http://rapidshare.com/files/2056600542/Dump.rar

Below are my pc specs.

PC Specs:

Asus 24-inch VH242H Wide Gaming LCD TFT Monitor (5ms, Full HD, HDMI, Black)

Intel® Core™ i7 870 Quad Core Processor (2.93GHz, 8MB Cache) - LGA1156

Windows 7 Home Premium Edition - English
Thermaltake Element 'S' Gaming Chassis + 950W PSU
ASUS P7P55D LE Mainboard - Intel Core™ i5 / i7 - LGA 1156 / ATX
8GB 1333MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM - ( 4x2GB )
1.5TB Serial ATA 2 Hard Drive with 32MB Buffer
Blu-Ray Re-Writer Super Format & BD/CD/CDRW/DVDRW
2x 1GB ATI Radeon 5870 DDR5 Graphics Accelerator - ***DirectX 11***, DVI, HDMI
Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Sound Card (RTL)
Max 14 USB 2.0 ports (8 ports at mid-board, 6 ports at back panel) - ASUS P7P55D
Network Ready PCIe Gigabit LAN

Statistics
87536 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.