Topic Title: AMD Radeon 7850 Problems
Topic Summary: Grey Screen, Black Screen, Striped Screen - When does it end?!
Created On: 03/04/2013 10:06 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/04/2013 10:06 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Solarmuffin
Peon

So recently I have purchased a brand new computer from CyberPowerPC. The computer in question can be found here at this link for the specs of the unit:

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?InvtId=NU-202-051-0006

Though it does not say what the PSU is, it is an XtremeGear PSU. Now, toward my situation. Upon first getting the computer (additionally I am not very great with hardware) I figured out that the onboard video and stuff was turned off. This meant I had to plug up via the actual card itself. I used an HDMI cable I had around for awhile, and noticed when I tried to run Tera the game would crash with a grey screen. Well, the first thing I thought was that my HDMI cable was bad, as I have had this cable for awhile. So I switched to a stable, much better cable, and Tera would remain open for almost 10 minutes before crashing again with the same issue requiring a hard reset.

From there, I looked and searched all over for answers. People were telling me many things - from the possibility of a bad card, to the card not supporting HD (bad port), to a DVI being much better, to just anything. I eventually spent 4 dollars to get a DVI converter, and I now happen to use it on the same PC. Surfing the web, using Skype, YIM, watching Youtube, none of these things are affected by the situation only when I try to run games.

It was then that someone sent me a link to Furmark, which I ran it, and the first time it crashed, it crashed at 60c, then another time at 67c, and then another time later (with the converter) at 80c. One noticeable change is that with the converter, I have been able to alt tab out of Furmark when it crashed, and able to not have hard resets (as often) with it. But I still end up having to do hard resets, and I had to go back to seeing artifacts in my Win8 menu occasionally (But now they have just stopped).

I have tried driver, after driver, after driver. I have turned down the clocks on the card, I have let the PC even run over night and nothing happened. I used speccy to check the temperatures on everything, and everything is cool and low. But I cannot understand what is wrong with my card and I just want answers. I am that exhausted by it all.

03/05/2013 05:08 AM

Author Icon
poppedamolly
Peon

its a driver issue with the 7800 series. the current 13.2 beta 7 solved the issue with my game. theres nothing you can do but wait for stable driver

03/05/2013 05:40 AM

Author Icon
Solarmuffin
Peon

But is that a sure thing though? Many people have gone around in loops from saying it is a driver issue, to saying a RMA fixed the issue, to saying changing anything from voltages, to stock clocks fixed the problem for them. I never did anything to my card, it came as it was, factory stocks and all. So it does not make much sense to me why the card is not working if it is only a driver issue, and why older drivers did not work with it. I even have 13.2B installed right now.

03/05/2013 01:43 PM

Author Icon
poppedamolly
Peon

Originally posted by: Solarmuffin But is that a sure thing though? Many people have gone around in loops from saying it is a driver issue, to saying a RMA fixed the issue, to saying changing anything from voltages, to stock clocks fixed the problem for them. I never did anything to my card, it came as it was, factory stocks and all. So it does not make much sense to me why the card is not working if it is only a driver issue, and why older drivers did not work with it. I even have 13.2B installed right now.

actually you are experiencing a diffrent problem from the sound of it,tera  would never crash for me just some minor shadow flicker at random times. i noticed you said you played with the clocks just go ahead reset to default settings. if the card crashs on default settings then rma its not working properly. im running tera online fine on my gigabyte 7850 2gb ever since i installed catalyst 13.2 beta7.

if you have overclocked your cpu you might also have to undo that if resetting doesnt work. 

Statistics
84837 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.