Topic Title: DDNA, Dual-Display with Dual-Audio (HDMI & DisplayPort)
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/07/2013 09:45 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/07/2013 09:45 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
anarchoi
Peon

Just bought this new graphic card:
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produ [...] 6814161417
HIS iSilence H775P1GD Radeon HD 7750 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

So i bought this card ONLY because i wanted to have two HDTV with video and sound at the same time through HDMI.

[My Setup]
Display #1:
HTPC -> HD 7750 -> HDMI -> Onkyo TX-NR609 Receiver with 5.1 speakers -> Panasonic VT50 HDTV
Display #2:
HTPC -> HD 7750 -> Displayport -> DisplayPort to HDMI adapter -> Samsung HDTV

The description of the card says
"This card has Discrete Digital Multi-Point Audio that can simultaneously output multiple, independent audio streams. Audio seamlessly follows the video, providing affordable multi-display, multi-audio"

So it clearly says multi-display and multi-audio.

I get video on both TV however i only get audio on one of them (the main display on HDMI). If i disconnect one of the TV, then the audio will work on the other one.

When i go to AMD VISION Engine Control Center, it tells me that my second display (the one connected through DisplayPort to HDMI adapter) doesn't support audio. But it DOES support audio, this HDTV have speakers and i can get audio from my PC if the other HDMI TV is disconnected.

Right now both TV are connected. I get video on both TV but audio only on Display #1.
If i disconnect Display #1 and reboot my computer, then i will get audio and video on Display #2 through DisplayPort. But if i connect Display #1 again i will only have audio on Display #2

Looks like once one of the displays is considered as the primary one, then the graphic card will output audio only to this one

03/27/2013 09:06 AM

Author Icon
anarchoi
Peon

any help ? is this forum moderated by AMD reps ? will i get an official answer ?

03/27/2013 03:03 PM

Author Icon
DeathCom
Peon

Hello anarchoi, I'd like to chime in on the exact same issue, different setup.

I currently have a XFX 7970 with four displays attached, two DVI monitors, one TV through either the HDMI or my miniDP to HDMI adapter, and also an Onkyo receiver on again either the HDMI or miniDP with HDMI adapter.

I say either because similarly, I have been swapping the cables to get audio where I want it. The TV is in a bedroom in the other room, the Receiver is in my main home theater room (the DVI monitors are at the console/tower). I generally use DisplayFusion to swap display to where I need it, and it works perfectly fine with video, but the audio is stuck.

I've noticed that the card will designate an HDMI audio device on either the HDMI jack or miniDP to HDMI adapter depending on which is plugged in alone during windows boot up. Once it's detected, cables must be removed, and restart to switch them. Since it can work on both signals, I assume this is a fault with the driver itself. I am currently running the 13.2 beta drivers (due to the artifacting issues with 13.1)

Also, in a semi unrelated note, when I use my miniDP to HDMI adapter on a 50ft HDMI cord, I get the white snow in black images, not so with the actual HDMI port. I wonder if my adapter is at fault, or the display port spec has less power and can only tollerate shorter cable lengths. (50ft is pretty extreme in most cases regardless)

Anyway, I too home AMD reads these boards and can help us out here.

05/23/2013 06:28 AM

Author Icon
Gatestar
Peon

Hi I am looking for an answer to the same issue.

I have a HD 7770 my HDMI goes to my LG TV which will soon be 60" 3d and my display port through HDMI adapter goes to my second tv and displays are extended. 

I get sound through the HDMI but not DisplayPort. I know how to get the sound through speakers and HDMI at same time but going to digital soundbar which will have HDMI Arc in so require HDMI input.

Can anyone help?

05/23/2013 07:21 PM

Author Icon
astarothcy
Peon

Slightly off topic, but related to dual display setups, could everyone posting here and using two displays verify whether or not you are experiencing the tearing issue described in these threads:

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=440&threadid=165377&enterthread=y

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=449&threadid=165396&enterthread=y

To summarize, the issue I (and some others) seem to be experiencing is that, when two monitors are simultaneously plugged in to the card, REGARDLESS of the cable configuration, one of the two monitors experiences extreme tearing all the time, not just in games, regardless of V-sync. It is also possible to "move" the tear from one monitor to the other by changing which monitor is the primary monitor. Most importantly, the tearing completely disappears if one monitor is disabled or physically unplugged.

The tearing is most obvious when there is a lot of motion and non-white colors on screen. You should see a single tear line running horizontally across the screen, and the tear may move up or down slowly.

Please try this out on your setup and post your experience. I really believe this is an inherent fault in the Radeon 7xxx cards, unfortunately it is very difficult to submit this as a bug because evidence cannot be provided (if you take a screenshot, the tear disappears).

07/14/2013 06:35 PM

Author Icon
pre.vit
Peon

I have the same issue - two TVs connected via HDMI-HDMI and miniDP-HDMI and sound goes only to one of them. The CCC software is trying to convince me that one of them is not capable to reproduce a sound.

It will be great if I will be able to switch which TV will reproduce sound by setting default device. Any ideas AMD?

Statistics
80982 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.