Topic Title: 5770 dual display problem
Topic Summary: My setup is messed up atm
Created On: 03/09/2013 06:27 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/09/2013 06:27 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
FinnishATI
Peon

Hello everybody.

My setup:

BenQ G2400WD pc monitor

Panasonic P42G20 Plasma TV

ATI 5770 GPU

Denon 1910 Receiver

Catalyst 10.11

I'v had to google a lot to make this setup work, but I have managed to get it to work pretty much perfectly over these 2-3 years I have owned these devices.

Until yesterday happened. So I had my 2 displays in extended display state. My primary monitor is always BenQ. I accidentaly removed the power cable of the BenQ while it was still on. This caused all my current problems. First off I think my PC now thinks the primary monitor is my Panasonic. Secondly my pc won't recognize my pc monitor as BenQ. If I right click on desktop and go to screen resolution I can see DENON-AVAMP (Panasonic TV) and Device on DVI -monitor. It doesnt say BenQ like it should say. So what have I done to try and make this go away?

I tried reinstalling drivers first, did everything by the book. Nothing

I tried reading about EDID files for monitors. I downloaded moninfo and tried to grab the BenQ EDID info, but it is unable to recognize it.

I tried to run my pc monitor with the corrupt (atleast I think it's corrupt at this point) EDID for my Panasonic TV and recycle the primary-secondary monitors around. Nothing there either.

I tried to reinstall windows (formatted my HDD), but even after the clean install regedit has the corrupt monitor EDID. I can't delete it.

I tried to "clone" the displays, but it will only result in a dramatic drop in resolution for both displays (down to 640x480). I think its, because the BenQ's correct resolutions aren't recognized so it won't run it in higher resolutions.

I dunno if I'm making any sense, but this problem just doesnt go away. As of right now I have both displays running @ 1080p. The setup is at the state where it was right after the problem appeared. I don't know what to do with these devices / software. Do I have to buy new hardware to make this go away or is there still a way to fix this? I would like to know that.

Please help me in this difficult task! Thank you in advance.

03/09/2013 06:39 PM

Author Icon
QB the Slayer
Master Looter

I would start by disconnecting the receiver/tv and rebooting with the monitor still plugged in.  I never leave my TV connected to my computer when I install windows.  Windows always seems to want to make the TV Primary.  In catalyst there is also a "Swap" option in the Arrangement section that helps to flip the monitor designations when everything gets all messaed up

QB

-------------------------

The MONSTER HTPC:

CPU: AMD FX-8350.||.Cooler: Corsair H80i
MB: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7.||.RAM: 8 GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3 2000MHz (7-10-8-27-1T)
Case: CoolerMaster HAF 932.||.PSU: Corsair HX750
GPU:Asus R9 270X DirectCU II TOP.||.Audio: Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro w/ Logitech Z-5300e (5.1, 280W-RMS)
System Drive: 2xSamsung 840 Pro 128GB RAID0.||.Working Drive: 2xMushkin Chronos 60GB RAID0

03/10/2013 01:05 PM

Author Icon
FinnishATI
Peon

Originally posted by: QB the Slayer I would start by disconnecting the receiver/tv and rebooting with the monitor still plugged in.  I never leave my TV connected to my computer when I install windows.  Windows always seems to want to make the TV Primary.  In catalyst there is also a "Swap" option in the Arrangement section that helps to flip the monitor designations when everything gets all messaed up

QB

Hi there. I had to install my windows with my TV on, because the pc monitor didn't show any boot screen etc. It would have been impossible to reinstall windows. I tried to reinstall ATI drivers again without my monitor / with my monitor on, but no effect.

I guess the corrupted EDID information is to blame now, but I can't get any information out of my pc monitor with any program. I guess if someone could upload the edid from their BenQ G2400WD monitor I could maybe make this work again.

I'm seriously thinking about buying another display. I hope the problem doesnt follow me.

Statistics
85410 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.