Topic Title: HD 7950 BSOD
Topic Summary: Random black screens
Created On: 03/09/2013 06:30 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/09/2013 06:30 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Song
Peon

Hi I have been experiencing random like BSOD in the last few months.

I have a built system using Sapphire HD7950, ASUS P8Z68 deluxe, Corsair HX1050 PSU, Intel i7 processor, Using SSD and HDD, Upgrade to DDR3 8GB vengeance RAM.  I am using the mini display port connected to LED Cinema display.

Updated and reinstalled latest AMD catalyst control centre recently since I received driver recovery error.

I have taken it back to where I bought the graphics card who did a system test but found no issues.  The issues went away for about 2 weeks but then started to reoccured.

If system turns off display it usually does it within the first 15mins after that gaming and screen works fine.  I can sometimes catch it sooner and if keyboard (using steelseries) still works to alt tab out of game and select power button for it to shut down safely.  Other times I need to force shutdown holding down power button.

Sometimes at start up the screen will stay black and I believe it is working in the background I may have to force shut down serveral times until I get display working.  usually you will get a windows has not shut down properly message to log into Windows 7, however on a successful start up it will log right into windows which tells me the start up hasnt commenced with the ASUS start up screens.

Let me know if you need further information.

Wasnt able to upload BSOD errors - Bluescreen locale id 3081, Product 256_1, BCCode 116

-------------------------
 03/21/2013 05:33 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Song
Peon

Bump - not even one response to help?

-------------------------
Statistics
84339 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.