Topic Title: Card not recognised
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/18/2013 10:53 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/18/2013 10:53 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Tornado47
Peon

Hi,

first I am sorry for any mistakes in my post, english is not my native language so feel free to correct me if necessary!

I have bought a Gigabyte Radeon HD7970 GhZ Edition card for my new PC. First everything seemed to work. The driver was installed correctly and the card was recognised in the device manager. But after 10 minutes or so it started crashing to a white or light blue screen.  I assumed it was damaged and sent it back. The new one arrived 2 weeks later and it was not recognised, instead it was shown as "Standard VGA Karte" (I would translate it as "Standard VGA Card"?). I tried to install the CCC and it said it was successful, but I could not find the application! The programm folder was created but empty.

I thought maybe the card has an error again and returned it. The new one arrived today: same problem, but now the CCC was installed correctly. Still it wouldn't find the card. Now I thought that maybe I made a mistake somewhere else and started installing everything from the beginning. Still no success.

I tried it with Linux as well and it didn't find the card either. I have no more ideas what to try.

CPU: Intel i5 Ivy Bridge
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro3
PSU: Seasonic Platinum 520W

I have tried the same setup with an NVidia card and it worked perfectly fine. This is my first AMD card after years of NVidia.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Statistics
84907 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.