Topic Title: One of Two Screens Goes 'Wonky'
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/23/2013 07:12 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/23/2013 07:12 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Yazilliclick
Peon

Sorry I don't know any better way to describe that but attached a photo I took of it.

This happens on my main monitor, typically when playing a game (varies which game).  Checking temperatures they seem fine (60-68C range).  Card is a XFX Radeon HD 7970 Double D 925MHZ, new, never had this problem previously with my GeForce.  Running Catalyst 13.1 on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.  Both monitors are connected with DVI.  

If I play around with screens with this happening I can get the effect to switch to showing on the other screen (monitor #2) which tells me it's definitely not a monitor issue or cabling issue.

Have to reboot the machine to get rid of the issue.

Any suggestions would be great as it's getting quite frustrating.

03/23/2013 09:34 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Thanny
Alpha Geek

I've had that happen to me a few times now, and thought it was likely a hardware issue.  The fact that you're having much the same problem suggests otherwise.  I'm also using 13.1 in Windows 7 x64.

As with you, when I unplug the primary monitor, the messed up view jumps to the secondary monitor, which then becomes primary.

The usual trigger for me is playing a video in MPC-HC.

I did find that hibernating the system and resuming made the problem go away.  The hardware still has to restart, but the software resumes where it left off, so it's better than an actual reboot.

Statistics
89084 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.