Topic Title: Problem with graphic card when connected to power
Topic Summary: Graphic card not working when connected with power but works fine when running on battery.
Created On: 04/01/2013 04:51 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/01/2013 04:51 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
jason.rogers2203
Peon

Hi, I have a Lenovo Y560 laptop.

I have a problem with my AMD Radeon HD 5730.

Whenever it runs on battery the graphic card works completely fine.

However when I connect it to the power adapter it freezes if it is on and if I start it with the power adapter connected it goes blank after the welcome screen.

It is not the model with the switchable graphics. It only has the AMD graphic card.

Any one who can help me find out the problem, I would appreciate it very very much.

I have sent it to the service centre several times and they replaced a power component but it only seemed to be a temporary solution. Everytime i send it to them it comes back working fine but only for a few days to a week.

If you need any information about my system I would gladly provide it. I am a bit of a noob when it comes to technical specification but I will do my best to provide any and all information needed to help solve the issue or atleast accurately pin point the problem.

04/01/2013 07:35 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Thanny
Alpha Geek

Why do you think it's the graphics card?  If the power state change causes the laptop to freeze, that's a bigger issue which you need to resolve with Lenovo.  Tell them you got a lemon and insist on a complete replacement.

Statistics
87658 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 9 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.