- HIS AMD Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition
AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- Current: 13.1, Previous: 12.10, 12.11b4, 12.11b11, 13.1b3
- Windows Ultimate x64, also tried on Windows Home Pro x64
- When playing battlefield 3, firefox as well as bf3 would crash, firefox would give me an error message saying it crashed, and bf3 would give me a directx error. I'm playing everything on low or off settings.
- I will post a picture next time this happens.
Motherboard or System Make & Model
- GA-990fxa-ud3 rev 1.1 (http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3996#ov)
- 630 wat PSU
Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- I dont know the display's model number, but its a Dell 23" (i think?) and i'm using a DVI cable, but it also happens while using an HDMI cable.
Applications and Games
- I only play battlefield 3 for extended periods of time, and this is the only game (so far) that has had problems. I will try out ARMA3 and maybe some BFBC2. I'm using the latest version of battlefield 3 available through Origin.
-AMD fx-8120 OC to 4.1ghz
-Overclocked to 4.1ghz, only the multiplyer is increased to 21.5 or 21 (one of the two) the motherboard handles everything else.
Motherboard BIOS Version
-Latest stable version: f9, but I've also tried with f10a (latest beta)
System Memory Type & Amount
-1 SSD (boot, also handles BF3), 2 HDD (in raid0), DVD Drive, 4 case fans (2 in front, one rear and one on the top rear).
-Computer was wiped clean, both times when i started installing drivers. I used 64 bit versions of w7 ultimate and home pro.
-ive tried many versions of drivers (listed above), each time using driver sweeper, re-installed windows 2 times, re-downloaded bf3, re-installed bf3, re-installed netframework4, changed PCI-e slots.
-One thing to take note of, is that the GPU temp never went past 70c, recently I installed MSI afterburner because of the "user defined" fan speed configuration, and my temps have not reached above 60c when playing for 1 hour.