Topic Title: Running a 6670 and a 4850 at the same time.
Topic Summary: NOT TRYING TO CROSSFIRE!
Created On: 04/15/2013 09:55 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/15/2013 09:55 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
mike51r
Peon

I am trying to run both cards at the same time.  In catalyst control center I can have only one enabled at a time.  Specifically, I can restart windows and plug my monitor into the other card and it will display properly.  

There has to be a way to enable the display outputs on the non active graphics card even if it is just a clone of the desktop.  

To be specific, I am trying to use the second GPU for bitcoin mining.  I cannot use it because catalyst control center shows it as disabled.  Catalyst Control Center --->  Information ---> Hardware ---> Primary Adapter/Disabled Adapter      I need them both enabled. 

04/16/2013 08:25 PM

Author Icon
mike51r
Peon

The steps I took to fix that were:

1. Check out files named amdocl64.dll, amdsc64.dll and OpenCL.dll (in C:\Windows\system32) and amdocl.dll, amdsc.dll and OpenCL.dll (in C:\Windows\SysWOW64). If they don’t have the same date, they are likely the cause of the problem: it seems that the AMD APP SDK Runtime installer/uninstaller has trouble updating/removing them, so you end up with some from a version and some from another version, which just isn’t able to work.

2. Uninstall the AMD APP SDK Runtime, for me I ran setup.exe in
C:\AMD\Support\13-1-legacy_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc

3. delete any of the remaining files spotted in 1. that may be left in system32 and SysWOW64

4. reinstall the AMD APP SDK Runtime.  I installed an older version. 
AMD-APP-SDK-v2.5-Windows-641  (v2.8 had the same issues)

5. reboot, I didn't need to but it might help. 

04/23/2013 12:09 PM

Author Icon
sjirafje
Peon

You may have the same problem as me.

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=454&threadid=165450&enterthread=y

Statistics
85354 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.