Topic Title: Dual Monitors not always working with HD 7950
Topic Summary: Occasionally both monitors aren't available once in Windows 8.
Created On: 04/23/2013 02:43 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/23/2013 02:43 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
uwsteven
Peon

Sapphire HD 7950

No overclocking

Driver 9.12, no other versions used

Windows 8 64 bit, all updates installed

I'm not able to reproduce this. What happens is sometimes when I boot my PC both monitors aren't recognized in the operating system. Both monitors display the BIOS on boot, so they're both receieving a signal, my 2nd monitor doesn't display screen 2, if you will. It also does not go to sleep like it isn't receiving a signal at all. If i unplug the DVI cable from my card then it will go to sleep and recognize it's not plugged into anything. If i unplug monitor 1 then monitor 2 becomes the primary monitor and then will begin displaying what was on screen 1. I can swap back and forth the DVI cables and only one monitor will be on display the entire time. 

I'm using two Dell E2311H monitors via DVI (my card has 2 DVI, 1 HDMI, 1 displayport). I cannot say when this exactly started occuring unfortunately, it's one of those things I thought was a freak thing and expected it to be fixed by a future driver update, but that doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon. 

My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3, BIOS v6.00PG

450 Watt powersupply, which should be plenty for this, wouldn't be enough if i were Crossfiring though. 

Using G-Skill RAM 8gb, I believe at 1866mhz

CPU: AMD FX 8350 (eight core)

I'm using an SSD to boot, I have 5 case fans, 2 CPU fans on 212 Coolermaster heatsink

1 blu ray player, 1 dvd burner

No additional PCI devices installed.

System shows no symptons of spyware/virus/malware. Have done Malwarebytes to check, Windows defender, and free anti-spyware.

And to conclude, randomly my 2nd monitor won't show up while in the OS, the only fix I've found is rebooting the PC. 

Statistics
86429 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.