Topic Title: ATI HD7870 Wake Up Problem (Perhaps Zerocore Issue)
Topic Summary: GPU doesn't "Wake Up"
Created On: 04/27/2013 09:53 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/27/2013 09:53 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Vehne
Peon

I have a problem with my HD7870 OC from Gigabyte. I installed it just yesterday and updated my drivers to 13.4. Today noticed that it stops transmitting the signal after my monitor turns off (standby mode) due to PC being in idle state for a prolonged time (I have Windows 8 64bit and in Power Management it is set to shut the monitor down after 10 minutes and go to sleep after 30 minutes). In that state when I try to turn on monitor (pressing keyboard button or moving/clicking mouse) before it goes to sleep nothing happens and my monitor stays in standby mode. If I then turn it off and then on and it says "No Signal". If I then unplug the cable it says "No Cable is Connected", plug it back in and get "No Signal" message again. Which led to suspect that the problem is with the GPU not turning on?

Prior to installing HD7870 I had XFX HD5770 and never had such problem.

When I go to Sleep mode manually, my PC wakes up just fine. 

Does anyone know a solution to this problem other than disabling the Power Management feature that forces monitor into standby mode after prolonged idle?

P.S. I found a very similar help request topic for 7970 in the Archive, but there was no answer there.

Statistics
85734 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 7 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.